|IATA: ASJ – ICAO: RJKA|
|Serves||Amami Ōshima (Amami Island), Japan|
|Elevation AMSL||14 ft / 4 m|
Amami Airport was opened as Amami Oshima Airport (奄美大島空港 Amami-Ōshima Kūkō?) on 1 June 1964 with a 1240 meter runway about 2 kilometers to the southwest from the current position. A new airport with a runway of 2000 meters to accept jet aircraft was opened on 10 July 1988, at which time the former airport was closed.
Airlines and destinations
|Japan Airlines||Osaka-Itami, Tokyo-Haneda|
|Japan Airlines operated by Japan Air Commuter||Fukuoka, Kagoshima, Kikai, Okinoerabu, Tokunoshima, Yoron|
|Japan Transocean Air operated by Ryukyu Air Commuter||Naha|
|Skymark Airlines||Seasonal: Kagoshima|
- AIS Japan
- "Amami-Oshima Airport." Japan Airlines. June 29, 2006. Retrieved on May 25, 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Amami Airport.|
- Amami Airport (Kagoshima Prefecture) (Japanese)
- Amami Airport Guide from Japan Airlines
- Current weather for RJKA at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for ASJ at Aviation Safety Network