|Born||Amanda Joselyn Marie Billing
January 1, 1976 http://www.tv.com/amanda-billing/person/319917/summary.html
|Years active||2000 – present|
In casting Billing as Dr Sarah Potts, Shortland Street's producers are continuing the show's tradition of turning talented unknowns into stars. Billing grew up in Masterton, and spent her university years in Christchurch. After graduating with a Bachelor of Arts with 1st Class Honours in Geography from the University of Canterbury, she trained at the Christchurch College of Education and became a high school teacher.
Billing was involved in drama throughout her teaching years and has acted in a few amateur stage productions including Cloud Nine and The Country Wife. She has worked at several schools throughout Auckland teaching Geography, English and Social Studies, most recently at Rangitoto College.
- Cabaret- 'Sally Bowles'-2010- Auckland Theatre Company (Dir. Michael Hurst)
- Threepenny Opera - 'Polly Peachum' - 2008 - SiLO Theatre and The Large Group (dir. Michael Hurst)
- Cloud Nine - 'Edward' (Act I), 'Victoria' (Act II) - 2004 - SiLO Theatre (dir. Edwin Wright)
- As You Like It - 'Rosalind' - 2003/4 - Legacy Theatre Co. (dir. Tim Flavell)
- Home Ground - 'Margaret' - 2003 - Auckland Performing Arts Centre (dir. Carla Martel)
- The Country Wife - 'The Country Wife' - 2003 - SiLO Theatre (dir. Heath Jones)
- George FM - various - 2002-2003