After attending Mount Temple Comprehensive School she turned to modelling, entering and winning the Miss Ireland competition in 1991 when she was 17 years old. She went on to represent her home nation in the Miss World Competition in Atlanta that same year.
She published her first novel, entitled Champagne Kisses, on 25 June 2008, followed in June 2009 by a sequel, Champagne Babes.
In late May 2008 she appeared on the Irish chat show, The Late Late Show, to promote her then forthcoming debut novel. During the interview she confirmed that she and her partner had become engaged to be married during a holiday in New York, a story that had appeared the previous February in the Irish Independent, and on its linked website.
From 4 to 8 November 2008 she was the guest presenter on RTÉ 2's The Podge and Rodge Show, a show she had previously been a guest on. She was the Dublin judge and mentor on The All Ireland Talent Show.
She lives in Dublin with her husband, whom she married in September 2009 in New York, and their two sons.
She is planning to have breast reduction surgery.
- sundayworld.com Brunker meets...
- irishexaminer.com Where are they now?
- IMDb. Internet movie database
- rte.ie Amanda Brunker to front new RTE show
- Transworld. Champagne Kisses
- independent.ie Former party girl Amanda Brunker gets serious with Julia Molony
- "RTÉ's Celebrity Bainisteoirs announced". RTÉ Ten. 15 July 2011.