||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2008)|
Byram in July 2010
16 June 1973
Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Amanda Byram (born 16 June 1973) is an Irish television presenter and former model, best known for co-presenting BBC One game show Total Wipeout with Richard Hammond, and for hosting the American television show, Paradise Hotel.
Soon afterwards she began appearing on British television, initially as a host on The Big Breakfast on Channel 4 in 2001 and subsequently appeared as a guest host on Liquid News on BBC Three in 2002. She also presented the UK edition of Entertainment Tonight, which aired on Sky One.
Having broken up with Kielty, she relocated to the United States, choosing to base herself in Los Angeles. Numerous TV presenting roles followed including the reality television series Paradise Hotel, in 2003 and 2008.
In 2007 she co-hosted, along with Dennis Miller, the Game Show Network programme Grand Slam, a US version of the British quiz format. She has also worked on The Swan, a beauty show following 3 supposedly unattractive women who turn their life around by having an extreme makeover. She also appeared as a special guest on Anonymous in 2009.
On 8 January 2011, Byram appeared in an episode of BBC One show The Magicians. As the celebrity on the losing team, she had to endure the forfeit trick at the end of the episode, being sawed in half by a 36-inch diameter buzz saw without any boxes covering her body.
Before she moved to the United States Byram dated comedian Patrick Kielty. Currently living in Fulham, South-west London, she was engaged to former rugby union player Craig McMullen. However, she announced in January 2012 that she had split from her fiancé.
She adheres to a vigorous fitness routine and is known for being proud of her physique.
- Interview: Amanda Byram AskMen.com
- "Celebrity BB star set to appear on The Café". RTÉ. 30 January 2009. Archived from the original on 10 February 2009. Retrieved 30 January 2009.
- "2009 Meteor Awards to be held St Patrick's Day at RDS". The Belfast Telegraph. 28 January 2009. Archived from the original on 5 February 2009. Retrieved 28 January 2009.
- "Total Wipeout, Series 1, Episode 1". BBC. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Amanda Byram to host Don't Stop Me Now – Sky1 HD". Sky1.sky.com. Retrieved 28 December 2011.
- "Don't Stop Me Now – Sky1 HD". Sky1.sky.com. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
- "Me and my wardrobe: TV presenter Amanda Byram reveals how London's weather has cramped her boho style". Daily Mail. 29 December 2010. Retrieved 29 December 2010.
- "MAmanda Byram splits with fiancé". RTÉ Ten (RTÉ). 29 January 2012. Retrieved 29 January 2012.
- "Saucy! Amanda Byram posts racy hot tub pic while on Vietnamese holiday". evoke.ie. 15 October 2014.