Amanda Marshall (attorney)
|United States Attorney for the
District of Oregon
October 7, 2011
|Nominated by||Barack Obama|
|Preceded by||Karin Immergut|
|Alma mater||University of Oregon
Willamette University College of Law
Sally Amanda Marshall is an American lawyer in the state of Oregon. She is the United States Attorney for the United States District Court for the District of Oregon, making her the top federal prosecutor in the state.
Early and personal life
Sally Amanda Marshall was born to William Gray Marshall and Patricia Faye Marshall about 1970. Her parents separated when she was five years old when they were living in Puerto Rico. Growing up, Marshall lived in Washington, D.C., the Chicago area, and finally Mill Valley, California, where she graduated from Tamalpais High School in 1987.
Marshall earned a bachelor's degree in 1992 in rhetoric and communication from University of Oregon in Eugene, Oregon. In 1995, she graduated with a juris doctorate from Willamette University College of Law in Salem, Oregon. She clerked for the tribal court of the Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde Community while still in law school.
Following law school, she was a deputy district attorney for five years in Coos County, Oregon, along the Oregon Coast. Marshall then worked as an assistant attorney general at the Oregon Department of Justice. She spent about 10 years there, primarily in child advocacy. In November 2010, President Barack Obama nominated her to serve as the United States Attorney for the District of Oregon to permanently replace Karin Immergut. Dwight C. Holton had served as the interim U.S. Attorney after Immergut left the position in 2009. The United States Senate confirmed Marshall's appointment in September 2011, and she was sworn in on October 7, 2011.
- Denson, Bryan (January 6, 2012). "Oregon's top federal prosecutor traveled from commune to the corner office". The Oregonian. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- Duara, Nigel (June 2, 2012). "Ore. US Attorney's past shaped her career". News. KGW. Associated Press. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- "Amanda Marshall Confirmed as U.S. Attorney". Willamette Lawyer XXII (1): 7. Spring 2012. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- "United States Attorney S. Amanda Marshall". United States Attorney's Office - District of Oregon. United States Department of Justice. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- WW Editorial Staff, ed. (September 28, 2011). "Murmurs: Condoleezza's Speaking Fee and Illegal Wastewater Dumping". Willamette Week. Retrieved September 29, 2011.
- Denson, Bryan (November 10, 2011). "Amanda Marshall sworn in publicly as the new U.S. attorney for Oregon". The Oregonian. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- Denson, Bryan (September 6, 2011). "Sen. Ron Wyden says no to request by state sheriffs' group to keep U.S. Attorney Dwight Holton". The Oregonian. Retrieved October 4, 2012.