||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
Life and career
Nevill was educated in Yorkshire and Paris. Her first job, in 1976, was for the Rowan Gallery in London. She set up the first British contemporary art fair at Bath in 1980 and subsequently organised a touring exhibition for Kodak.
Nevill joined the Royal Photographic Society in 1985 and ran its archives and its National Centre of Photography exhibition space in Bath. Nevill became the Society's Secretary in 1990 (later renamed Director-General), the first woman to hold the post.
Nevill was appointed as Head of Museum at the National Museum of Photography, Film and Television (now the National Media Museum) in Bradford during the Spring of 1994. During her tenure, the Museum carried out with a £16 million re-development and launched the Bradford International Film Festival. 
Nevill joined the BFI as the organisation's Director in June 2003 (her job title changed to Chief Executive in 2011, after the BFI takeover of the UK Film Council).
Awards and recognition
- 1993, Honorary Fellowship of the Royal Photographic Society.
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
- Council Member of the University of Bradford
- 2000, Honorary Doctorate of Letters from the University of Bradford, conferred July 2000
- Director of the Urban Regeneration Company, Bradford (resigned 2004)
- 2003, Colin Ford Award from the Royal Photographic Society 
- "Birthdays", The Guardian, 21 March 2014: 43
- Gritten, David (April 1, 2011). "Amanda Nevill: 'Great films should be commercial, too'". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/a43a9bd2-1fc4-11e1-9916-00144feabdc0.html#axzz24aXKDZEY Accessed 25 August 2012
- http://www.rps.org/history/Director-General Accessed 25 August 2012
- http://www.nationalmediamuseum.org.uk/BradfordInternationalFilmFestival/Promos/News/2014/MemoriesOfBIFFPart3AmandaNevill.aspx Accessed 4 June 2014
- http://www.rps.org/annual-awards/Honorary-Fellowships Accessed 25 August 2012
- http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/907975176 Accessed 25 August 2012
- http://www.rps.org/annual-awards/Colin-Ford-Award Accessed 25 August 2012