|Birth name||Amanda Grace Sudano|
August 11, 1982 |
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Origin||Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.|
|Genres||Folk, soul, blues, pop|
|Associated acts||Donna Summer (deceased), Bruce Sudano, Alive N Kickin', Brooklyn Sudano|
Amanda Grace Sudano-Ramirez (born August 11, 1982) is an American singer, songwriter and model. She is a member of the musical duo Johnnyswim. She is the daughter of singer Donna Summer and composer Bruce Sudano. She is the younger sister of actress Brooklyn Sudano.
Early life and family
Sudano spent the early part of her childhood in Thousand Oakes, California. In the 1995 when she was 13 her family moved to Nashville, Tennessee, where she attended high school at Christ Presbyterian Academy and college at Vanderbilt University.
Sudano is the maternal cousin of music producer Omega Red (musician).
Sudano is a model with the Bella Agency in New York.
In 2005, Sudano met songwriter, guitarist and vocalist Abner Ramirez in Nashville. They struck up a friendship and formed the band Johnnyswim. The duo perform covers of eclectic songs like Edith Piaf's La Vie En Rose and Till The World Ends by Britney Spears.
Johnnyswim released their first self-titled EP in 2008. This was followed by Bonsoir and Good News in 2011, Home in 2012, and "Diamonds" in 2014.
In 2009, Sudano married her Johnnyswim bandmate Abner Ramirez in Florida. Her father, Bruce Sudano, paid tribute to her in the song The Amazing Amanda Grace on his award-winning record Life and the Romantic. Footage from her wedding was featured in the video for another track from the same record It's Her Wedding Day, which was actually penned about her sister Brooklyn's marriage two years earlier.
She lives with her husband in Los Angeles, California.
- Miller, Julie. "Donna Summer, Grammy-Winning Disco Legend, Dies at 63". Vanity Fair. vanityfair.com. Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- Badger, Sylvia. "Donna Summer's daughter weds amid flowers, lace". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- "Brooklyn Sudano". Brooklyn Sudano Official Website. Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- "Amanda Sudano". Bella Agency. Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- "The new face of Louis Vuitton". Fashion News. handbag.com. Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- Malle, Chloe. "Special Edition Best Dressed: Fashion’s Night Out". Vogue Magazine. Vogue.com. Retrieved May 28, 2012.
- "Johnnyswim". Official Website. Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- "Amanda Sudano Ramirez: Youngest Daughter of Donna Summer". Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- "Bruce Sudano’s ‘Wedding Day’ rings bells with listeners". The Tennessean. Tennessean.com. Retrieved June 5, 2012.
- Sudano, Bruce. "It's Her Wedding Day". Life and the Romantic. Retrieved May 26, 2012.