Amanda Township, Fairfield County, Ohio
Amanda Township in Fairfield County
Location of Amanda Township in Ohio
|• Total||36.9 sq mi (95.5 km2)|
|• Land||36.9 sq mi (95.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||938 ft (286 m)|
|• Density||65.8/sq mi (25.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086072|
Amanda Township is one of the thirteen townships of Fairfield County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 2,429 people in the township, 1,722 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Bloom Township - north
- Greenfield Township - northeast corner
- Hocking Township - east
- Madison Township - southeast corner
- Clearcreek Township - south
- Washington Township, Pickaway County - southwest
- Walnut Township, Pickaway County - west
- Madison Township, Pickaway County - northwest corner
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Fairfield County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed May 15, 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Archived from the original on March 16, 2007. Retrieved February 16, 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed April 30, 2009.