Amanda de Cadenet
|Amanda de Cadenet|
19 May 1972 |
|Spouse(s)||John Taylor (m. 1991–97) (divorced; 1 child)
Nick Valensi (m. 2006) (2 children)
Amanda de Cadenet (born 19 May 1972) is a British photographer and former actress.
De Cadenet is the daughter of Anna and racing car driver Alain de Cadenet. She began her career as a co-presenter for The Word, a late-night Channel 4 magazine show in 1990-1995. She also co-hosted the British television show The Big Breakfast.
Her first marriage was in 1991 to Duran Duran bassist John Taylor with whom she has a daughter, Atlanta. The following year, de Cadenet moved from the U.K. to Los Angeles. The marriage lasted until 1997.
Upon arrival in L.A., de Cadenet embarked upon a short film career, appearing in Four Rooms (1995), a collaborative film by Allison Anders, Alexandre Rockwell, Robert Rodriguez, and Quentin Tarantino; Fall (1997), and Brokedown Palace (1999). Her career then turned to photography. She worked for magazines such as Spin,[not in citation given] Jane and Harper’s Bazaar, among others. In 2005, she published a book entitled Rare Birds. Her other celebrity popular culture subjects have included Drew Barrymore, Sofia Coppola, Demi Moore, Olivia Wilde, Mary J. Blige, Keanu Reeves, Beck Hansen, and the members of The Strokes.
In 2011, it was announced that de Cadenet will be the host of a new television interview series called The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet, airing on the Lifetime Channel, with Demi Moore as a co-executive producer. On the show, de Cadenet has interviewed female guests such as Lady Gaga, Portia de Rossi, Rita Wilson, Gwyneth Paltrow, Zoe Saldaña and Jane Fonda.
- Midler & Lehner 2006.
- Contact 2006
- Reardanz 2006.
- Lusher 2010.
- Nolan 2006.
- Lee 2010.
- BBC 2005a
- "The Tatler List". Tatler.
- Kay 2007.
- SPIN 2003, pp. 73
- HarpersBazaar 2006
- Examiner 2006
- People 2006
- Daily Mail article on The Conversation
- The Conversation - Episode 2 featuring Lady Gaga, Leslie Bennetts, Portia de Rossi, Rita Wilson
- The Conversation - Episode 1 featuring Gwyneth Paltrow, Jane Fonda, Sarah Silverman, Zoe Saldana
- "The Hollywood Reporter".
- "Programmes | Breakfast | Your photos: Amanda's choice". BBC News. 24 November 2005. Retrieved 2010-05-25.
- "The Strokes — Valensi And De Cadenet's Secret Wedding". Contactmusic News (Contactmusic.com). 18 July 2006. Retrieved 2010-05-25.
- "Strokes guitarist in secret wedding". Irish Examiner. 19 July 2006.
- "Naked Celebrities Talk Body Image". Harper's Bazaar. 16 April 2010. Archived from the original on 26 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-25.
- Kay, Nathan (17 March 2007). "Wildchild Amanda plumps for twins". The Daily Mail.
- Lee, Kristen May (24 May 2010). "Amanda De Cadenet: A Tfs Exclusive Interview". Thefashionspot.com. Archived from the original on 30 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-25.
- Lusher, Tim (10 August 2010). "The Word: the presenters — What Terry Christian, Dani Behr, Amanda de Cadenet et al did next". The Guardian.
- Midler, Caryn; Lehner, Marla (24 October 2006). "Strokes Guitarist & Wife Welcome Twins". People.
- Nolan, Larissa (3 September 2006). "Not all that peachy being a wild child". Irish Independent.
- "Twins for Strokes Guitarist & New Wife". People. 19 July 2007.
- Reardanz, Karen (18 July 2006). "Daily Dish : Strokes' Guitarist's Secret Wedding". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2010-05-25.
- "The Record". SPIN (SPIN Media LLC) 19 (12). December 2003. ISSN 0886-3032.
- "The Record". SPIN (SPIN Media LLC) 23 (1). January 2007. ISSN 0886-3032.
- Thompson, Peter A. (1997). Jack Nicholson: the life and times of an actor on the edge. Carol Pub. Group. ISBN 978-1-55972-420-3.