From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amaravathi may refer to:
- Amaravathi, a Sanskrit word meaning the city of the gods. Immortal city. Name of Indra's abode. Refer to C.P.Brown Telugu Dictionary.
- Amaravati, a Pali word meaning 'Abode of the Deathless' referring to nirvana
- Amaravathi, surname, see Raju surnames
- Amaravathi (1993 film), a 1993 Tamil language film
- Amaravathi (2009 film), a Telugu language film
- Amaravati (mythology), in Hinduism is the capital of Svarga
- Amaravati (Champa), the antiquity kingdom in history of Champa in Central Vietnam
- Amaravati Buddhist Monastery Theravada Buddhist monastery located near London, UK
- Amaravathi, a town in Amaravathi mandal, located in Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh. It was the capital of Satavahanas more than 2000 years ago. It is also the proposed capital city of the state.
- Amaravati mandal, Andhra Pradesh, a mandal in Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh
- Amravati, the name given to a district and its headquarters in the state of Maharashtra (India)
- Amravati district, a district of Maharashtra state
- Amaravathi Dam is at Amaravathinagar, 25 km (15.53 mi) south on NH 17 from Udumalpet, Tamil Nadu
- Amaravathi Reservoir is the impoundment of Amaravathi Dam on the edge of Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary
- Amaravathi River, flows from Kerala into Tamil Nadu, where it joins the river Kaveri
- Amravati railway station, in Maharashtra, India
- Amaravati Express, Express train organized by Indian Railways
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Amaravati.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.