|Full name||Amari'i Kyren Bell|
|Date of birth||5 May 1994|
|Place of birth||Burton on Trent, England|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Playing position||Left back|
|2013||→ Nuneaton Town (loan)||8||(0)|
|2013||→ Nuneaton Town (loan)||11||(0)|
|2014||→ Kidderminster Harriers (loan)||10||(2)|
|2014||→ Mansfield Town (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:56, 18 August 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Amari'i Kyren Bell (born 5 May 1994) is an English footballer who plays for Mansfield Town on loan from Birmingham City. A left back, he spent time on loan at Conference Premier club Nuneaton Town in the first half of the 2013–14 season before making his Football League debut for Birmingham in January 2014. Later that season he returned to the Conference with Kidderminster Harriers, and a loan spell at Football League Two club Mansfield Town at the start of the 2014–15 season was cut short after he quit and asked to return to Birmingham 9 days into the season.
Life and career
Bell was born in Burton on Trent, Staffordshire, and raised in the Quinton district of Birmingham, where he attended Four Dwellings High School. As a youngster he played football for Solihull Moors, and joined Birmingham City's academy in 2011. In June 2012, Bell signed a one-year professional contract. He played regularly for the development squad during the 2012–13 season, and was rewarded with another one-year contract, with the option of a further year.
In July 2013, Bell joined Conference Premier club Nuneaton Town on loan until the following January. He made his debut in the opening match of the season, a 1–0 win at Macclesfield, playing at left wing-back. According to the local newspaper, he "shone", though the player himself was more critical, recognising the need to minimise errors such as "a bit at the end where I took a poor touch and they could have scored from it." He kept his place in the starting eleven as Nuneaton went unbeaten for the first nine matches, apart from one match missed with a dead leg, but was suddenly recalled by his parent club on 20 September.
Bell was given a squad number, and was considered for a defensive role ahead of Birmingham's third round League Cup match against Swansea City on 25 September, with Kyle Bartley ineligible and David Murphy rested after returning only recently from long-term injury. He played no part in the match, not even as an unused substitute, and returned to Nuneaton a couple of days later. Bell re-established himself at left back, playing a further eleven times in the Conference and once in the FA Cup, before Birmingham recalled him again on 9 December after starting left-back Mitch Hancox damaged a knee and with Murphy again unfit.
He was included among the substitutes for Birmingham's next match, a 2–0 win away to AFC Bournemouth, but remained unused. Bell made his first-team debut on 28 January 2014, starting at left back against Championship leaders Leicester City as a late replacement for Hancox who had injured an ankle. He played the whole of the 2–1 defeat.
That was his last first-team appearance before he joined Conference Premier club Kidderminster Harriers on 6 March, on a youth loan until the end of the season. For the second time that season, he made his club debut in a win against Macclesfield, on this occasion as a stoppage-time substitute as Kidderminster held on to a 2–1 lead. On 15 April, he scored his first goal in senior football to open the scoring in a 2–0 win against Cambridge United.
Ahead of the 2014–15 season, Bell signed for Football League Two club Mansfield Town on loan until January 2015, but was recalled after only three matches having failed to get any playing time.
- As of match played 16 August 2014
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Birmingham City total||1||0||0||0||0||0||—||1||0|
|Nuneaton Town (loan)||2013–14||Conference Premier||19||0||1||0||—||0||0||20||0|
|Kidderminster Harriers (loan)||2013–14||Conference Premier||10||2||—||—||0||0||10||2|
|Mansfield Town (loan)||2014–15||League Two||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 4. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- "Games played by Amari Bell in 2013/2014". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- "Player Profiles: Amari'i Bell". Birmingham City F.C. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- Walker, Andy (28 May 2013). "Amari'i extends stay". Birmingham City F.C. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- Aspinall, Adam (20 November 2011). "The Birmingham school which boasts two England soccer stars". Sunday Mercury (Birmingham). Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "Birmingham City: Amari'i Bell signs senior contract". Birmingham Mail. 20 June 2012. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "Amari'i Bell: Nuneaton Town sign Birmingham City defender". BBC Sport. 9 July 2013. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- Davies, Matt (12 August 2013). "Macclesfield Town 0, Nuneaton Town 1". Nuneaton News. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- Davies, Matt (12 August 2013). "Amari'i Bell says there is more to come during his Nuneaton Town loan spell". Nuneaton News. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- Davies, Matt (9 September 2013). "Nuneaton Town 2, Wrexham 0: Match report". Nuneaton News. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- Davies, Matt (20 September 2013). "Nuneaton Town lose Amari'i Bell after he is recalled by Birmingham City". Nuneaton News. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- Tattum, Colin (25 September 2013). "Amari'i Bell could be in line for Swansea City clash". Birmingham Mail. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- Walker, Andy (27 September 2013). "Bell back at Nuneaton". Birmingham City F.C. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "Nuneaton Town 0 FC Halifax 2: Winless run goes on as Boro exit cup". Coventry Telegraph. 28 October 2013. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- Evans, Gregg (10 December 2013). "Birmingham City putting their faith in teenage talent". Birmingham Mail. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "Bournemouth 0–2 Birmingham". BBC Sport. 14 December 2013. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "The Report: Blues 1 Leicester City 2". Birmingham City F.C. 28 January 2014. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "Whild makes Bell first signing". Kidderminster Harriers F.C. 6 March 2014. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- McKinney, Peter (11 March 2014). "Harriers v Macclesfield". Kidderminster Shuttle. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Amari'i Bell: Mansfield sign Birmingham defender on loan". BBC Sport. 9 July 2014. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- "Blues recall Bell". Mansfield Town F.C. 18 August 2014. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "Games played by Amari Bell in 2014/2015". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 18 August 2014.