Amarildo Tavares da Silveira
|Full name||Amarildo Tavares da Silveira|
|Date of birth||July 29, 1939 (age 74)|
|Place of birth||Campos, Brazil|
|Height||1.69 m (5 ft 6 1⁄2 in)|
|1973–1974||Vasco da Gama||7||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
His career lasted from 1957 to 1974 and he played for Goytacaz, Flamengo, Botafogo and Vasco da Gama, and in Italy for Milan, Fiorentina and Roma. He won one “Coppa Italia” in 1967 with Milan, and the Italian title (“Scudetto”) in 1969 with Fiorentina.
For Brazil he was capped 23 times, from April 1961 to June 1966, and won the 1962 FIFA World Cup as a replacement for the injured Pelé. He scored eight goals for his country, including three during the 1962 tournament, one of which came in the final itself.
On January 24, 2008, Amarildo was hired as América's head coach. On January 26, 2008, in his first match as América's head coach, Volta Redonda beat América 4-2 at Estádio Giulite Coutinho. He was sacked by América's board after managing the team for just a week.
- International Titles
- Tournoi de Paris: 1963
- National Titles
- Campeonato Brasileiro Série A: 1962
- Rio-São Paulo Tournament: 1962
- Interstate Cup Champions Club: 1962
- Campeonato Carioca: 1961, 1962
- Individual Titles
- Player of the Tournament of Paris: 1963
- Scorer of the Club World Championship: 1963
- Scorer of the Brazilian Championship: 1962
- Scorer of the Rio-São Paulo Tournament: 1962
- Scorer of Interstate Club Champions Cup: 1962
- Scorer of Pentagonal International Clubs: 1962
- State Championship's top scorer: 1961
- Scorer of the International Tournament in Costa Rica: 1961
Vasco da Gama
- Coppa Italia: 1966-67
- Serie A: 1968–69
- "América-RJ anuncia seu novo treinador". Gazeta Esportiva. Archived from the original on 2008-04-13. Retrieved 2008-01-28.
- "América-RJ perde do Volta Redonda e se complica". iG Último Segundo. Archived from the original on 30 January 2008. Retrieved 2008-01-28.
- "Amarildo não é mais o técnico do América". Globo Online. Retrieved 2008-01-30.