|Traded as||NASDAQ: AMRN|
|Headquarters||Bedminster, New Jersey U.S.|
Amarin Corporation is a biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Bedminster, New Jersey. The company develops and markets medicines for the treatment of cardiovascular disease. Amarin develops the drug Vascepa (AMR-101) which is a prescription grade omega-3 fatty acid. In December 2007, the company acquired Ester Neurosciences Limited for 8.1 million USD. Amarin CEO Joe Zakrzewski has said that the company would like to first work on building its infrastructure out to commercialize the drug in the United States. Recently on July 26, 2012, their lead-candidate drug named Vascepa (AMR-101) received FDA-approval. Vascepa will also be a key competitor against GlaxoSmithKline's Lovaza.
Products and development
Amarin's only product is Vascepa, which is an approved prescription grade Omega-3 fatty acid drug that helps with the treatment for cardiovascular disease. Vascepa's clinical-data trials were the MARINE and ANCHOR studies. UPDATE: FDA panel voted against (9-2) recommending an expanded drug label of Vacepa (10/16/13). Shares dropped over 60%
In November 2010, Amarin's MARINE study which was to treat patients with very high triglycerides (>500 mg/dL). Vascepa showed a decrease in triglycerides. Unlike Vascepa's competitor Lovaza, Vascepa did not have a significant increase in median LDL-C unlike Lovaza which can raise it from 40% to 50%.
In April 2011, Amarin's ANCHOR study which was to treat patients with high triglycerides (200 mg/dL to less than 500 mg/dL). Vascepa also displayed a decrease LDL-C. Another unique detail about the ANCHOR study is that Vascepa was able to get approved for the patient population of 200 mg/dL to less than 500 mg/dL, unlike Lovaza which was not approved for this patient population.
- Management Team 
- John Thero: President
- Paul Huff: Senior Vice President, Chief Commercial Officer
- Joseph T. Kennedy: Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Chief Compliance Officer
- Steven Ketchum: President of Research and Development, Senior Vice President
- Stuart Sedlack: Senior Vice President, Corporate Development
- Paresh Soni, M.D., Ph.D.: Senior Vice President and Head of Development
- Declan Doogan, M.D.: Chief Medical Officer
Board of Directors
- Joseph S. Zakrzewski: Chief Executive Officer and Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Joseph Anderson, Ph.D.: Partner at Abingworth LLP
- Lars Ekman, Ph.D.: Lead Independent Director, Executive Partner of Sofinnova Ventures
- Carl L. Gordon, Ph.D., CFA: General Partner and Co-Head of Private Equity of OrbiMed Advisors LLC
- James Healy, M.D., Ph.D.: General Partner at Sofinnova Ventures, Board Member of Cellective, CoTherix, Novacea, and Intermune.
- Jan van Heek: Principal and Partner at BioPoint Group
- Patrick O'Sullivan: Chairman of the Board of Directors of Merrion Pharmaceuticals and as Director of Warner Chilcott Plc.
- Kristine Peterson: Chief Executive Officer at Valeritas, Inc.
- "Amarin Signs Agreement to Acquire Ester Neurosciences - Health News - redOrbit". RedOrbit. 5 December 2007. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "Amarin: Mover of the Day - CNBC". April 18, 2011. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "Amarin Announces FDA Approval of Vascepa(TM) (icosapent ethyl) Capsules for the Reduction of Triglyceride Levels in Adult Patients With Severe Hypertriglyceridemia". Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "Amarin Prescription Fish-Oil Pill Approved - TheStreet". Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/26/us-amarin-fda-vascepa-idUSBRE86P1SX20120726". Reuters. 26 July 2012. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "Amarin Announces Successful MARINE Phase 3 Clinical Trial Results Published in The American Journal of Cardiology (NASDAQ:AMRN)". Amarin Corp. September 1, 2011. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "The Rise Of Amarin's Fish Oil Should Have GSK Worried - Seeking Alpha". Seeking Alpha. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- "Amarin's AMR101 Phase 3 ANCHOR Trial Meets all Primary and Secondary Endpoints with Statistically Significant Reductions in Triglycerides at Both 4 Gram and 2 Gram Doses and Statistically Significant Decrease in LDL-C (NASDAQ:AMRN)". Amarin. 18 April 2011. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "Amarin's Phase 3 MARINE and ANCHOR Study Data to be Presented at American Heart Association's Scientific Sessions 2011 (NASDAQ:AMRN)". Amarin Corp. 14 November 2011. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- http://amarincorp.com/about_us/executive-management-team.html. Retrieved 26 July 2012. Missing or empty
- "Amarin – Senior Management Team". Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "Amarin – Board Of Directors". Retrieved 26 July 2012.