|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)|
Shivaree performing live in London on 21st April 2005
|Associated acts||lead singer of the band Shivaree|
|Past members||Danny McGough
Ambrosia Parsley is an American alternative pop/rock singer-songwriter. She began her career in 1999 as the lead singer of Shivaree (band) accompanied by Danny McGough (keyboard), and Duke McVinnie (guitar).
Ambrosia Parsley has released 4 studio albums and 2 EPs with Shivaree. In addition to her work with Shivaree, Parsley has appeared on Mocean Worker's album Enter the Mowo, Verbena's La Musica Negra and has been featured in many other works by other artists.
Ambrosia Sings The News
In April 2004, Ambrosia Parsley embarked on a project for the liberal radio station Air America called Ambrosia Sings the News — a short song (always the same melody), usually under a minute or so long that attempted to encapsulate the contents of the previous week's headlines. Approximately 47-50 installments of "Ambrosia Sings the News" were aired with some being live performances. The show was successful enough that a single titled "2004 (The Year In Review...For Anyone Who Can Bear the Mere Thought)" that summarized exactly what the title suggests was sold exclusively via iTunes.
Ambrosia Parsley Solo Album Debut
According to a Rounder Records publicist, Ambrosia was to release her debut solo album in the spring of 2008 but the album was never released. The reasons as to why her solo album was not released in 2008 is unknown but as of October 2009 through non-official sources it was confirmed that Parsley continues to work on her solo album and will eventually see its release.
On April 2010 the song "Rubble" was presented on Parsley's official website as the first single of the yet-untitled solo album. The single became available for listening as streaming audio and a free download was available directly from the site.
On October 7, 2010 a message was posted on Parsley's official Facebook account that stated "Ambrosia has been hard at work on a solo project with the esteemed Elegant Too duo of Chris Maxwell and Phil Hernandez (Ray Davies, Yoko Ono, Fred Schneider, Jon Spencer, some others) and they’re threatening to debut a collection of heretofore unheard/unholy goods." On October 10, 2010 she debuted 3 new songs, "My Knees", "The Waltz" and "Make Me Laugh" in a small live performance in Phoenicia, New York confirming that the solo album is on its way.
On December 6, 2010 Parsley confirmed the album would be released in 2011[dated info] by saying "Finishing up in January. Hoping for a spring release" and also confirmed another track from the album titled "Weeping Cherry".
On April 1, 2011 Ambrosia Parsley's official website was remodeled with new pictures, a live performance announcement, contact information, and a new song titled "The Other Side". The new track became available for free download in the same fashion that "Rubble" did.
- Weeping Cherry October 28, 2013 by Fargo Records.
- I miss you. I do. December 8, 2012
- "Rubble" (2010)
- "The Other Side" (2011)
Ambrosia Parsley (Solo work & Collaborations)
Aside from the work She has done with Shivaree, Ambrosia Parsley has done some collaborations with other artists and a couple of Solo tracks that have become available to the public through projects/albums of others.
Tracks that Parsley participated in are:
- "Ether" (back up vocals) - was released in the album "La musica negra" by Verbena on May 20, 2003.
- "I'll take the woods" (lead singer) - was released in the album "Enter the Mowo!" by Mocean Worker on April 6, 2004.
- "Everybody Came" (lead singer) - released in the album "For the Kids Too" with various artists released on October 19, 2004.
- "Girls: Must be single and very pretty" (lead singer) - released in Esopus Magazine #6 titled "Help Wanted" on May 1, 2006. This is a collaboration with 'The Elegant Too'.
- "Counting" (lead singer) - released in the album "Songs of Sara P. Smith" (an album of various artists as a tribute to Sara P. Smith) in 2006.
- "Morning Light" (lead singer) - released in the album "Songs of Sara P. Smith" (an album of various artists as a tribute to Sara P. Smith) in 2006.
- "You'd be surprised" (duet with lead singer of band) - released in the album "Your Language" by White Hassle on July 25, 2008.
- "Then Was Then and Now Is Now" (lead singer) - released in the album "The Best Is Yet To Come: The Songs Of Cy Coleman (2009)" with various artists and it was released on September 15, 2009.
- "My World" (lead singer) - a new song composed and produced by The Elegant Too with Parsley's vocals was made known on 11-21-10 in a commercial for Juicy Couture's new fragrance called "peace love and juicy couture". Possibly forming part of Ambrosia's solo album debut.
- "Pink Bricks" - (lead singer) - released in the album "Maximum Balloon" (Maximum Balloon is the solo album debut of record producer and musician David Sitek of TV on the Radio)