|Type||Public (ASX: AMM)|
|Headquarters||Perth, Western Australia, Australia|
Amcom was founded in 1988 by Mr Andrew Mclean to provide cabling services to CBD based corporations and institutions in Perth. Amcom acquired a telecommunications carrier licence in 1998 and began building a fibre optic network.
Acquisition of Arachnet
In September 2005, Amcom acquired the customers of Perth Internet service provider Arachnet for A$1.6 million, adding 5,200 broadband and 2,100 dial-up customers to their user base, increasing Amcom's total broadband numbers to 7,500.
Acquisition of People Telecom's Perth corporate services business
In April 2007 Amcom Telecommunications completed the A$6.25 million acquisition of People Telecom’s Perth-based corporate services business. The acquired assets include a client base using fibre and DSL-based broadband services and a large datacentre facility with some 600 square metres of space.
Proposed Acquisition of IP Systems Pty Ltd
In February 2010, Amcom announced that it proposes to acquire 100% of the issued share capital of IP Systems Pty Ltd, an IP communications company delivering voice, video and data solutions to Australia and New Zealand.
Products & Services
Amcom has won the following awards:
Best Telecommunications Company of the Year 2009 - Australian Telecommunications Magazine.
- "amcom- ABOUT - Investors - Board of Directors". Archived from the original on 30 August 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-13.
- "WA Industrial Review - March 2007". Archived from the original on 2007-08-30. Retrieved 2007-09-14.
- "Amcom snaps up Arachnet for $1.6m". Retrieved 2007-09-14.
- "People Telecom Ltd - BuddeComm". Archived from the original on 22 September 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-14.
- "Amcom nabs People Telecom's Perth fibre". Retrieved 2007-09-14.
- "iTWire - Amcom moves into enterprise telephony, buys IP Systems". Retrieved 2010-05-17.
- "Australian Telecom Awards 2009". Retrieved 2010-05-17.
- Amcom Telecommunications official website
- Amcom/Amnet sub forum on Whirlpool
- Amcom/Amnet listing on Broadband Choice
|This article about an IT-related or software-related company or corporation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|