From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up amelioration in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Amelioration may refer to one of the following:
- Amelioration (health) means "to make better" or "to improve upon" most often in context of or in reference to ill health of a person but could also be in reference to healing the land, plant, tree, or even a written document etc.
- An alternative name for land improvement
- A specific type of semantic change — the introduction of positive connotations or removal of negative ones for a word or expression.
- Amelioration patterns, a software design pattern
- Amelioration Act 1798, a statute enacted in the Leeward Islands regarding the treatment of slaves
- Rapid climatic Amelioration; used in geology denoting a major change from glacial to interglacial stages, specifically regarding transitions in the Oxygen isotope ratio cycle
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.