|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Genres||Alternative metal, hardcore punk, nu metal|
|Years active||1994–present (hiatus 2009-2014)|
|Labels||Drag U La, Roadrunner, Virgin, Refuse, EatUrMusic, Columbia|
Scars on Broadway
The Damned (Damned Damned Damned)
|Past members||Paul Fig
Amen was formed out of the ashes of Disorderly Conduct, the first band formed by Amen frontman and singer Casey Chaos. The name 'Amen' referenced the title of Disorderly Conduct's vinyl album release of the same name. As Amen materialized the band recorded and released an independent CD entitled 'Slave', limited to 2000 copies. The recording introduced lead singer Chaos to producer Ross Robinson, and the two collaborated together eventually securing a deal with Roadrunner Records and the first official Amen release (self-titled) in 1999. Virgin records released the bands most successful album 'We Have Come For Your Parents' in 2000, and Amen began touring the world. In the following years of touring Amen released an independent limited edition CD titled "Join Or Die" and in 2004 the band's third official album, 'Death Before Musick' was released.
At the last few shows the band played during 2005 they performed a couple of new songs. A new band lineup was recently[when?] revealed at the Angry Brigade website and plans for a tour of Europe seem to be in the works. New songs were also previewed in the 2007 shows, such as "Blood on the subway" and "Diplomatic heart attack"
The Henry Rollins Show
In 2007, AMEN performed on Season 2 of The Henry Rollins Show in a performance which became controversially known as the only performance to have ever been edited on the television series. The controversy stemmed from Chaos announcing death threats towards several named world leaders including Dick Cheney and Paul Wolfowitz. The moment was a reaction to the political climate of the time and Operation Iraqi Freedom. The band performed their single 'Coma Amerikkka' in front of the revolutionary version of the Iraqi flag. Subsequently Casey Chaos was voted #53 in the 'All-Time Top 100 Underground Stars' 2007 issue of Hit Parader.
They were inactive for several years following 2007. However on the 26th of February 2014 the band were announced as playing the UK event Alt-Fest on the 16th of August 2014. Former Slayer drummer Dave Lombardo joined Amen in 2014.
In an August 2014 interview with UK’s Rock-A-Rolla magazine, Lombardo stated that he didn’t join Amen as a full-time member: “Actually, that is not all true, I simply helped the singer of Amen with his new album. He's a good friend.” 
- Casey Chaos − vocals, guitar, bass guitar, drums (since 1994)
- Duke Decter - guitar (since 2004)
- John King - guitar (since 2005)
- John Fahnestock - bass guitar (1999-2003, since 2007)
- Dave Lombardo - drums (since 2014)
- Shannon Larkin - drums (1998-2002, 2004)
- Paul Fig - guitar (1999-2001)
- Joe Letz - drums (2003-2004)
- Piggy D. - guitar, bass guitar (2002-2004)
- Jinxx - guitar
- Sonny Mayo - guitar (1998-2002)
- Rich Jones - guitar (2001-2004)
- Scott S. Sorry - bass guitar (2004-2005)
- Greg Barrybauer - guitar (1995)
- Luke Johnson - drums (2004)
- Slave (1995, Drag-u-la Records)
- Amen (1999, Roadrunner Records)
- We Have Come For Your Parents (2000, Virgin Records)
- Death Before Musick (2004, Sony BMG)
- Caught In The Act (2004, Secret Records Ltd)
- "All Music Guide entry".
- [dead link]
- "Amen and Paradise Lost among latest additions to Alt-Fest line-up - Northampton Chronicle and Echo". Northamptonchron.co.uk. 2014-02-26. Retrieved 2014-07-26.
- "Dave Lombardo Talks Philm Ahead Of London Show This September". rock-a-rolla.com. 2014-08-07. Retrieved 2014-08-07.
- http://www.officialcaseychaos.com Casey Chaos' Official Website
- http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/caseychaos Casey Chaos Boxset (Pisstory: A Catalogue of Accidents/A Lifetime Of Mistakes)
- http://www.scumband.com SCUM Official Website