|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Genres||Alternative metal, hardcore punk, nu metal|
|Labels||Drag U La, Roadrunner, Virgin, Refuse, EatUrMusic, Columbia|
Scars on Broadway
The Damned (Damned Damned Damned)
|Past members||Paul Fig
Amen was formed out of the ashes of Disorderly Conduct, the first band formed by Amen frontman and singer Casey Chaos. The name 'Amen' referenced the title of Disorderly Conduct's vinyl album release of the same name. As Amen materialized the band recorded and released an independent CD entitled 'Slave', limited to 2000 copies. The recording introduced lead singer Chaos to producer Ross Robinson, and the two collaborated together eventually securing a deal with Roadrunner Records and the first official Amen release (self-titled) in 1999. Virgin records released the bands most successful album 'We Have Come For Your Parents' in 2000, and Amen began touring the world. In the following years of touring Amen released an independent limited edition CD titled "Join Or Die" and in 2004 the band's third official album, 'Death Before Musick' was released.
At the last few shows the band played during 2005 they performed a couple of new songs. A new band lineup was recently[when?] revealed at the Angry Brigade website and plans for a tour of Europe seem to be in the works. New songs were also previewed in the 2007 shows, such as "Blood on the subway" and "Diplomatic heart attack"
The Henry Rollins Show
In 2007, AMEN performed on Season 2 of The Henry Rollins Show in a performance which became controversially known as the only performance to have ever been edited on the television series. The controversy stemmed from Chaos announcing death threats towards several named world leaders including Dick Cheney and Paul Wolfowitz. The moment was a reaction to the political climate of the time and Operation Iraqi Freedom. The band performed their single 'Coma Amerikkka' in front of the revolutionary version of the Iraqi flag. Subsequently Casey Chaos was voted #53 in the 'All-Time Top 100 Underground Stars' 2007 issue of Hit Parader.
They were inactive for several years following 2007. However on the 26th of February 2014 the band were announced as playing the UK event Alt-Fest on the 16th of August 2014. Former Slayer drummer Dave Lombardo joined Amen in 2014.
In an August 2014 interview with UK’s Rock-A-Rolla magazine, Lombardo stated that he didn’t join Amen as a full-time member: “Actually, that is not all true, I simply helped the singer of Amen with his new album. He's a good friend.” 
Former member activity
- Shannon Larkin - After leaving Amen, Larkin went on to play drums with Godsmack and Another Animal.
- Sonny Mayo - Mayo joined Hed PE, Sevendust, and the reformed Snot before leaving once again.
- John Fahnestock - Fahnestock released an album with the band Lo-Pro in 2003, before becoming the bass player in Noise Within. He has since rejoined Amen, and the reformed Snot, although the reformation has officially ended .
- Rich Jones - Jones went on to play in The Yo-Yos with ex-Wildheart Danny McCormack, and has since performed with Sorry and the Sinatras, The Loyalties and Ginger of The Wildhearts.
- Joe Letz - Letz plays live drums for Combichrist. He also has played drums for Genitorturers and as a touring drummer with Wednesday 13.
- Piggy D. - Piggy went on to play guitar for a short time with Wednesday 13, put out his own solo music, and is currently playing bass for Rob Zombie.
- 1994 – Amen "Slave" (Dragula Records)
- 1999 – Amen (self-titled) (Roadrunner Records)
- 2000 – Amen "We Have Come For Your Parents" (Virgin Records)
- 2003 – Amen "Join Or Die" (Refuse Music)
- 2004 – Amen "Death Before Musick" (Sony BMG)
- 2005 – Amen "Gun Of A Preacher Man (Live)" (Secret Records Ltd)
- 1999 – Amen "Coma America" (Roadrunner Records)
- 2000 – Amen "The Price Of Reality" vinyl (Virgin Records)
- 2000 – Amen "The Price Of Reality" disc (Virgin Records)
- 2000 – Amen "Too Hard To Be Free" vinyl (Virgin Records)
- 2000 – Amen "Too Hard To Be Free" disc (Virgin Records)
- 2001 – Amen "The Waiting 18" vinyl (Virgin Records)
- 2001 – Amen "The Waiting 18" disc (Virgin Records)
- 2004 – Amen "California's Bleeding" vinyl (Sony BMG)
- 2004 – Amen "California's Bleeding" disc (Sony BMG)
- 2000 – '"Faust"
- 2000 – '"Final Destination"
- 2004 – Amen "Caught In The Act" live (Secret Records Ltd)
- "All Music Guide entry".
- [dead link]
- "Amen and Paradise Lost among latest additions to Alt-Fest line-up - Northampton Chronicle and Echo". Northamptonchron.co.uk. 2014-02-26. Retrieved 2014-07-26.
- "Dave Lombardo Talks Philm Ahead Of London Show This September". rock-a-rolla.com. 2014-08-07. Retrieved 2014-08-07.
- http://www.officialcaseychaos.com Casey Chaos' Official Website
- http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/caseychaos Casey Chaos Boxset (Pisstory: A Catalogue of Accidents/A Lifetime Of Mistakes)
- http://www.scumband.com SCUM Official Website