America's Voice (lobby)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (March 2012)|
||This article has been nominated to be checked for its neutrality. (March 2012)|
America's Voice is a Washington, D.C. based immigration organization advocating for humane comprehensive immigration reform.
America's Voice works with leaders from law enforcement, local government, business, labor, civil rights, and faith communities who believe that Congress should reform the nation's immigration system. Their stated goal is to "create the public momentum for reforms that will transform a dysfunctional immigration system into a regulatory system that works". To achieve it, they conduct public opinion research, perform rapid response communications in English and Spanish, and support leaders who are standing up for comprehensive immigration reform.
According to their website, they believe the US immigration system can best be reformed by:
- A program that requires those here illegally to get on the right side of the law by passing background checks, studying English, paying taxes, and working towards full U.S. citizenship.
- Reunification of families separated by outdated immigration laws.
- A commission to regulate the future flow of employment-based immigration so that workers' rights are protected and honest businesses can compete.
- A crackdown on unscrupulous employers who hire undocumented workers and break labor laws to undermine their law-abiding competitors.
- Smart and professional border enforcement, conducted in consultation with border communities.
- Reform of current immigration enforcement practices, including the right to fair proceedings, humane treatment of immigration detainees, and respect for community policing.
- Reduction of migration pressures in "sending countries" over time.
- Organizational website http://americasvoiceonline.org/