American Career Institute
|American Career Institute|
|Location||multiple, Maryland and Massachusetts, United States|
American Career Institute was a training school that offered programs in Allied Health, Digital Media, Information Technology, Software Development and Database Administration. It was formerly known as the Americare School of Allied Health and was formerly affiliated with both the Computer Career Institute which rented space from Johns Hopkins University and the Career Institute of American International College. American Career Institute (ACI) had 8 campuses located in various cities within the states of Massachusetts and Maryland.
As of January 9, 2013 American Career Institute has officially closed its doors.
On November 21, 2013, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and Attorney General Martha Coakley filed a suit against the for-profit career training school, alleging that the Framingham company falsified grades and attendance records to qualify for millions of dollars in federal aid.
- Andree Fontaine - Chief Executive Officer/President and Owner
- Geordie Mosbarger - Executive Vice President/Owner
- George Lepke - Chief Financial Officer/Owner
- Robert Payne - Chief Operating Officer/Owner
American Career Institutes' Baltimore, Columbia, Framingham, Springfield, Braintree, Woburn, Cambridge and Wheaton are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET). The Baltimore, Columbia and Wheaton locations have also been licensed by the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) since September 1994. Framingham, Cambridge, Springfield, Woburn and Braintree are licensed by Office of Private Occupational School Education (OSE) under the auspices of Division of Professional Licensure (DPL).
- Graphic Design
- Graphic Web Design
- Digital multimedia Design
- Digital Game Design
- Special Effect Design
- Information Technology & Network Design
- PC & Network Administration
- PC & Network design
- Oracle Database Administration
- Enterprise Software Development
- Dental Assistant
- Medical assistant
- Medical coding & Billing
- Kelly Field, "Abrupt For-Profit Closures Surprise Regulators", The Chronicle of Higher Education July 29, 2013 
- "Martha Coakley sues Framingham career training school" November 21, 2013 
- Official website (Archived on November 16, 2012)