American Eagle (airline brand)
|Frequent-flyer program||AAdvantage (American Airlines)|
|Airport lounge||Admirals Club|
|Parent company||American Airlines Group|
|Headquarters||Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A.|
American Eagle is a brand name under which several regional airlines operate feeder flights for American Airlines. This includes American Airlines' wholly owned subsidiary Envoy Air (formerly American Eagle Airlines). They primarily connect smaller cities with American Airlines' domestic hub airports and focus cities.
Air carriers operating as American Eagle
American Airlines has announced that, as part of its restructuring, it plans to contract American Eagle flying to carriers other than Envoy and Executive Airlines. SkyWest, Inc. announced that through its subsidiaries SkyWest Airlines and ExpressJet Airlines, it will operate some flights under the American Eagle name starting November 15, 2012. This development is part of AMR's bankruptcy reorganization.
On January 24, 2013, Republic Airways Holdings will also operate some American Eagle flights under the Republic Airlines subsidiary after AMR Corp. and Republic Airways Holdings signed a 12-year purchase agreement. These flights are in addition to the flights already operated by Chautauqua Airlines, another RAH subsidiary. The RAH flights began August 1, 2013, with an inaugural flight to New Orleans.
Flights operated as AmericanConnection by Chautauqua Airlines were going to be integrated into American Eagle after the discontinuation of the AmericanConnection brand. On September 12, 2012 AMR announced the discontinuation of the AmericanConnection brand, reverting to the sole American Eagle brand for feeder services in smaller cities for which it contracts with regional airlines. However, in 2014 an announcement was made that Chautauqua would not seek a renewal of its AmericanConnection contract. All AmericanConnection flights ended on August 19, 2014.
Former air carriers operating as American Eagle
Former commuter and regional airlines operating turboprop aircraft as American Eagle include the following air carriers:
- Air Virginia (became AVAir)
- Chaparral Airlines
- Command Airways
- Executive Airlines
- Metroflight Airlines, a division of Metro Airlines
- Nashville Eagle
- Simmons Airlines
- Wings West Airlines
- destinations operated by Envoy Air
- destinations operated by Republic Airlines
- destinations operated by SkyWest Airlines
- destinations operated by ExpressJet Airlines
The combined American Eagle branded fleet, including Envoy Air, currently consists of the following regional jet aircraft:
|Airline||IATA Service||ICAO Code||Callsign||Aircraft||In fleet||Orders||Passengers||Parent|
|Compass Airlines||CP||CPZ||Compass||Embraer 175||3||17||12||64||76||Trans States Holdings|
|Envoy Air||MQ||ENY||Envoy||Bombardier CRJ-700||47||0||9||54||63||American Airlines Group|
|ExpressJet||EV||ASQ||Acey||Bombardier CRJ-200||15||0||0||50||50||SkyWest, Inc.|
|Mesa Airlines||YV||ASH||Air Shuttle||Bombardier CRJ-900||16||9||12||64||76||Mesa Air Group|
|PSA Airlines||US||JIA||Blue Streak||Bombardier CRJ-900||20||0||12||64||76||American Airlines Group|
|Republic Airlines||YX||RPA||Brickyard||Embraer 175||47||0||12||64||76||Republic Airways Holdings|
|SkyWest Airlines||OO||SKW||SkyWest||Bombardier CRJ-200||12||0||0||50||50||SkyWest, Inc.|
|Trans States Airlines||AX||LOF||Waterski||Embraer ERJ-145||1||14||0||50||50||Trans States Holdings|
- Associated, The (2012-09-12). "American Air signs deal to contract out some flying to SkyWest - Yahoo! News". News.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- American Airlines confirms launch of E175 oeprations | CAPA. Centre for Aviation. Retrieved on 2013-08-16.
- Sky Talk: Eagle won't fly American feed out of LAX, closing pilot and flight attendant base. Blogs.star-telegram.com (2012-09-12). Retrieved on 2013-08-16.
- Production List Search - Planespotters.net Just Aviation. Planespotters.net. Retrieved on 2013-08-16.
- "Compass Airlines Selected To Operate 20 New Embraer E175 Aircraft Owned By American Airlines". Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- Harty, Jack. "PSA To Begin Flying the CRJ-900 On July 31 For American". Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- American, Republic ink deal for large regional jets. Usatoday.com (2013-01-24). Retrieved on 2013-08-16.