Airbus Helicopters, Inc.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
|Headquarters||Grand Prairie, Texas, USA|
|Key people||Marc Paganini, President & CEO|
|Parent||Airbus Group, Inc.|
Airbus Helicopters, Inc. is a subsidiary of Airbus Group, Inc., the United States subsidiary of Airbus Group. Airbus Helicopters manufactures and markets a broad range of civil helicopters, and as of 2005 had almost a 50% share of the American market. It has its headquarters in Grand Prairie, Texas.
The company's history goes back to the days of the now-defunct LTV Corporation.
In 1968, Vought Helicopter Inc. (VHI), a subsidiary of LTV, built a facility at the Grand Prairie Municipal Airport in Grand Prairie, Texas for the purpose of marketing helicopters to North America built by Aérospatiale, the French helicopter manufacturer. However, six years later Aérospatiale bought out VHI and took over its own marketing; two years later it changed VHI's name to Aérospatiale Helicopter Corporation (AHC). In 1980 AHC built its current Grand Prairie facility.
In 2004, the facility in Columbus, Mississippi was opened and in 2006, became the manufacturing facility and home for the U.S. Army's the UH-72A Lakota helicopter. The company was renamed Airbus Helicopters on January 2, 2014. 
US production plants
Airbus Helicopters produces helicopters at two production plants in the US.
- Grand Prairie, Texas
- Grand Prairie serves as the headquarters and main facility for Airbus Helicopters. It is adjacent to Grand Prairie Municipal Airport.
- Grand Prairie also serves as the Airbus Helicopters Training facility for North America with state-of-the-art classrooms and the latest technology, full motion simulators.
- Columbus, Mississippi
- The recently constructed Columbus plant handles repairs, upgrades and customizations of all Airbus Helicopters models.  It is located on the Golden Triangle Regional Airport.
- The Columbus facility is also the home of the UH-72A Lakota (military EC145), the new Army helicopter.
- Beginning in 2014, Airbus Helicopters will upgrade the Columbus Plant to a final assembly and test site for AS350 helicopters. The plant plans to produce up to 60 additional AS350 helicopters annually by 2016. 
- "." Airbus Helicopters. Retrieved on December 8, 2010. "American Eurocopter 2701 N. Forum Drive Grand Prairie, Texas 75052."
- "Airbus Helicopters – Grand Prairie”
- "Airbus Helicopters - Columbus”
- "Eurocopter Upgrades U.S. Production Operations.” Aviation International News Online, October 2013.