American Express Red
The American Express Red is an American Express credit card that was launched in the United Kingdom in March 2006. Applicants had to be UK residents, but as of August 2011, all applications for new cards are closed. The card is part of the Product Red initiative.
The principle of the card is that every time money is spent with it, 1% of the amount is sent to a fund called Global Fund, created in 2002 to fight against AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria. When the yearly spending amount exceeds £5000 a year, this percentage is increased to 1.25%.  
In the UK, the card was advertised by celebrities such as Bono, Gisele Bündchen and Elle Macpherson. The American Express Red card is mentioned in the songs "The Way I Are" by Timbaland and "She Mine" by Bow Wow.
- "American Express Card Reviews". americanexpress.com. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Twenty Co-Branding Examples: The Global Fund (Red)". images.businessweek.com. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "New fund-raising scheme fuses profit with philanthropy". healthinternetwork.com. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "American Express RED Card Contributes To Global Fund". paymentsnews.com. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- American Express RED official website
- Why the new Amex card makes me see red Spiked Online, 28 September 2006