|Directed by||Sarik Andreasyan|
|Produced by||George Malkov
|Written by||Raul Inglis|
|Based on||The Great St. Louis Bank Robbery film
by Charles Guggenheim
|Music by||Roman Vishnevsky
American Heist is an upcoming American independent action heist film directed by Sarik Andreasyan, based on the 1959 film The Great St. Louis Bank Robbery directed by Charles Guggenheim and John Stix. The film stars Hayden Christensen, Jordana Brewster, Adrien Brody and Akon. It is scheduled to be screened in the Special Presentations section of the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival.
James has a dark past, but now he is trying with all his might to change his life, as he meets a beautiful girl, gets a job as an auto mechanic, dreams of owning his own business. Meanwhile, his older brother, Frankie, who served ten years in prison, is released. Frankie is trying to improve relations, but James could not forgive his brother for the fact that many years ago, he caused his crime, which is why James spent sixteen months. However, Frankie attempts to start a new life that James did not add up: because of the prison of the past, he cannot expect to get a good job and fails in lending to their business. Seeing this, Frankie offers James to "conduct a little business." He swears it's the last time and after a bank robbery in New Orleans, they have money, and they will refund his life that was once lost. As a result of "a little business", it will become one of the most dramatic and bloody attacks in American history.
Glacier Films will produce the film within $10 million range.
- "Glacier Films Launches With 11-Film Slate Starting With ‘American Heist’". deadline.com. 16 May 2013. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- "Toronto Film Festival Lineup". Variety. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Adrien Brody, Jordana Brewster Join 'American Heist'". thewrap.com. 24 June 2013. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- "Akon Joins Cast Of Indie Thriller 'American Heist' - A Remake Of 1959 Steve McQueen Film". indiewire.com. 24 June 2013. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- "Hayden Christensen's 'American Heist' starts shooting today in New Orleans". nola.com. 18 June 2013. Retrieved 1 August 2013.