American Idiot World Tour
|American Idiot World Tour|
Green Day performing at the Rock Am Ring Festival, in 2005.
|Concert tour by Green Day|
|Location||Asia, Europe, North America, Oceania|
|Associated album||American Idiot|
|Start date||July 29, 2004|
|End date||December 17, 2005|
|Green Day concert chronology|
The American Idiot World Tour was a concert tour by American Rock band Green Day in support of the group's seventh studio album, American Idiot, which was released in September 2004. The tour began in Los Angeles at the Grand Olympic Auditorium on July 29, and the last show was in Australia at the Telstra Dome. During the tour, the band played at the 2004 Reading Festival in England.
During the tour, Green Day recorded a live album, Bullet in a Bible, which was released in 2005 as a CD/DVD set. The concert at which the album was recorded was in England, at the Milton Keynes National Bowl, and was attended by more than 130,000 people. The DVD sold more than 1,500,000 copies and went Platinum in the UK and Gold in the US.
The setlist throughout the tour remained mostly the same. Green Day commonly played a several songs from American Idiot, Dookie, Insomniac, Nimord and Warning.  Ever since the Fort Worth, TX, USA concert in October 19, 2004.
- "American Idiot"
- "Jesus of Suburbia"
- "Are We the Waiting"
- "St. Jimmy"
- "Hitchin' A Ride"
- "Brain Stew"
- "Basket Case"
- "King for a Day/Shout"
- "Wake Me Up When September Ends"
- "Boulevard of Broken Dreams"
- "We Are the Champions"
- "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)"
- Billie Joe Armstrong - Lead Vocals, lead and rhythm Guitar
- Mike Dirnt - Bass, backing vocals
- Tré Cool - Drums, percussion, backing vocals on "King For A Day/Shout", lead vocals on "Homecoming"
- Jason White - Lead and rhythm Guitar, backing vocals
- Jason Freese - Keyboards, saxophone, trombone, accordion, acoustic guitar, backing vocals
- Kurt Lohmiller - (July 2004 - Late January 2005) - backing vocals, percussion, trumpet
- Ronnie Blake - (Late January 2005 - December 2005) - backing vocals, percussion, trumpet
- Mike Pelino (September 2004 & April 2005 - December 2005) - Rhythm guitar, backing vocals on "St. Jimmy"
- Bobby Schneck (October 2004 - March 2005) - Rhythm guitar, backing vocals on "St. Jimmy"
- "Search for setlists: tour:(American Idiot Tour) (page 15)". setlist.fm. Retrieved 2012-09-02.
- "Green Day Concert Setlist at Telstra Dome, Melbourne on December 17, 2005". setlist.fm. Retrieved 2012-09-02.
- "Green Day - We Are The Champions - Live at Reading Festival 2004". YouTube. 2006-09-13. Retrieved 2012-09-02.