American Inbound is a company that provides answering services and outsourced customer relationship management (CRM) to clients across the nation. It was founded in 1936 in Bloomington, Indiana near the campus of Indiana University. They employ people from Bloomington and the surrounding counties.
- 1936 – American Inbound was founded as the Doctor's Exchange.
- 1971 – Ownership changes hands from Tex Cockerill to Don Adams.
- 1971 – Name changed to Answer Indiana.
- 1998 – Switched to voice over ip (VOIP) technology. Updated system to Startel.
- 1998 – Changed name to American Inbound.
- 1998 – Purchased Arch Answering based out of Chicago, Illinois.
- 1999 – In efforts to reduce its carbon footprint, American Inbound enabled the use of remote operators.
- 1999 – Purchased Physician's Answering Service based in Detroit, Michigan.
- 2001 – Purchased Midco, an answering service based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
- 2006 – American Inbound shifted a greater focus in Order Entry accounts and Internet availability.
- 2006 – Participated in American Cancer Society's Relay for Life.
- 2006 – American Inbound began answering for the Indiana Attorney General's do not call list.
Operations and Initiatives
American Inbound claims to provide 24 hour service and live support as an alternative to voice mail and automated systems. They also provide an emergency dispatching service and customer service for companies after hours.
- American Inbound Availability
- Case Study: AmericanInbound.com
- Bloomington, Indiana - Chamber of Commerce
- Indiana University
- Voice over IP and IP Telephony
- Startel Systems
- Office of Attorney General: Current In-House Contracts
- AmericanInbound.com - About us
- Customer Service Tops 2007 Priority List