American Institute for Cancer Research
Its stated mission is:
- to fund research on the relationship of nutrition, physical activity and weight management to cancer risk
- to interpret the accumulated scientific literature in the field
- to educate people about choices they can make to reduce their chances of developing cancer
In November 2007, the AICR, in conjunction with WCRF, published 'Food, Nutrition, Physical Activity, and the Prevention of Cancer: a Global Perspective', ISBN 978-0-9722522-2-5, and freely downloadable from its official website. This 537-page analysis is designed to be an authoritative compendium on the origins of cancer. The AICR sees it as leading to concrete recommendations for public policy and it will be publishing a policy report in 2008.
The report is the result of a five-year process that has seen teams of scientists around the world sifting through 500,000 studies on the link between cancer and diet, physical activity and weight, before identifying the 7,000 most relevant. A panel of 21 world-renowned experts, chaired by Professor Sir Michael Marmot, then made recommendations.
- "American Institute for Cancer Research". Official website. Archived from the original on 29 January 2006. Retrieved 29 January 2006.
- "The New American Plate Cookbook". Cookbook from AICR.
- "Food, Nutrition, Physical Activity, and the Prevention of Cancer: a Global Perspective" official website
- Report from BBB Wise Giving Alliance
- Ratings from Charity Navigator
|This article about an organization in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|