AIA Group Limited
|Traded as||SEHK: 1299|
|Industry||Insurance, financial services|
|Founded||1931 (as International Assurance Company, Ltd.)|
|Founders||Cornelius Vander Starr|
1 Connaught Road Central, Central, Hong Kong
|Key people||Mark Tucker (Group Chief Executive and President)|
|Products||Insurance annuities, mutual funds|
|Operating income||US$ 2,159 million (2012)|
|Net income||US$ 3,019 million (2012)|
|Total assets||US$ 134,439 million (2012)|
AIA Group Limited  known as AIA (Chinese: 友邦保險) is an insurance company based in Hong Kong. It has offices in Asia-Pacific region including Taiwan, China, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Indonesia, Macau, South Korea, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Brunei and Vietnam. Holdings include Philippine American Life and General Insurance Company and minority stakes in TATA AIA Life Insurance and TATA AIG General Insurance.
It was a member of American International Group, but separated from the group in 2009 after it was finalized that AIA as well as ALICO (another AIG subsidiary) were placed under the administration of a Special Purpose Vehicle in exchange for the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. In December 2012, AIA was informed by American International Group Inc. (AIG) that AIG had entered into a placing agreement to sell all of its ordinary shares of AIA at a price of HK$30.30 per share. Upon completion of the placing, AIG has fully divested its holding of shares in AIA.
According to the statistics from the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance (保險業監理處), AIA being the number 1 of Hong Kong insurance company in terms of the number of policies, its market share in Hong Kong Insurance market (on Non-Linked Individual Business) is 26% and sum assured worth more than 400 billion HKD (i.e. more than $ 50 billion).
AIA was planned to be listed in Hong Kong Stock Exchange in April 2010. However, in March 2010, Prudential plc, a United Kingdom-based financial services company, announced that it will buy AIA for $35.5 billion. The purchase later fell through, and AIA held an IPO later in October 2010 raising $20.51 billion, the forth largest ever IPO.
It was announced on 15 August 2013, that AIA Group would be Tottenham Hotspur's cup shirt sponsor. Starting with the 2014/15 season, they would also become the official shirt sponsor for the league, making them the shirt sponsor for all competitions. 
- "AIA Corporate Facts". Retrieved 2013-04-24.
- "Provisional Statistics on Hong Kong Long Term Insurance Business: January to June 2008" (pdf) (in Traditional Chinese and English (bilingual)). Office of the Commissioner of Insurance. pp. 19–21. Archived from the original on 10 October 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- "Prudential Plc to Buy AIA for $35.5 Billion to Expand in Asia". BusinessWeek. Archived from the original on 4 April 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-01.
- "AIG Says AIA IPO Generated Gross Proceeds Of $20.51B". The Wall Street Journal. 2010-10-29.[dead link]
- Cathy Chan and Maud van Gaal (11 October 2012). "ING Agrees to Sell Malaysia Unit to AIA Group". Bloomberg.
- AIA Group Limited
- AIA Australia
- AIA China
- AIA Hong Kong
- AIA Indonesia
- AIA Malaysia
- AIA New Zealand
- Philam Life
- AIA Singapore
- AIA South Korea
- AIA Sri Lanka
- AIA Taiwan
- AIA Thailand
- AIA Vietnam