American International Medical University
|AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY|
|Motto||Brings health care innovation to serve humanity|
|Provost||Dr. Beverly Lansiquot|
|Dean||Dr. Hugh McLaughlin – Dean (Advising)|
|Location||Gros Islet, Saint Lucia|
|Affiliations||Washington Adventist University|
American International Medical University (AIM-U) is an offshore medical school located on the Caribbean island of St. Lucia. It operates a School of Medicine and a School of Nursing. It partners with universities and hospitals in the United States including Washington Adventist University (WAU) in Takoma Park, Maryland for independent support programs and offers joint classes with WAU for the AIM-U Premedical Science Program on the WAU campus. Future AIM-U programs on the WAU campus may include BSN Completion and Introduction to Clinical Science, as well as the opportunity for AIM-U students to complete the WAU MBA program.
I will contribute to this article since it may be misleading to certain people, The staff count is NOT 110 as stated and faculty in NOT 83, This is a false statement added to imply the size of the school, in reality the staff count is about 30 and turnover rate is about 80%, The school have been under intense pressure for its lack of transparency but predominantly for its lack of standards and ill equipped facilities. Students hostel facilities are a disgrace and are constantly overcharged. The school have been the center of controversy for its approach or lack of consideration for the student body especially in light of the many controversial incidents that takes place at Aimu's Hostel facilities.
American International Medical University located in Saint Lucia, is an independent affiliate of AIM-U International Group, one of the premier Caribbean medical schools offering courses in Medicine and Nursing.
AIM-U’s curriculum and academic programs are prepared and monitored by Members / Specialists of Medical Councils, including Medical School Accreditation Approval and Monitoring Committee, ECFMG, and the Medical Council of India.
- "Washington Adventist University - Affiliations & Partnerships". Washington Adventist University. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- "http://web.archive.org/http://aimu.us/aimu-wau-center-for-medical-science/". eb.archive.org. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- "New medical treatment centre for Gros-Islet and environs on the horizon". archive.stlucia.gov.lc. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- "Apollo, AIMU mull medical tourism projects - Economic Times". articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- "Top Universities and Schools: American International Medical University". topuniversitiesnschools.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- "American International Medical University, St.Lucia | Best Foreign Medical Schools". bestforeignmedicalschools.com. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- "International/Caribbean/American_International_Medical_University__120491". eb.archive.org. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- "NEW DIALYSIS CENTRE The Voice - The national newspaper of St. Lucia since 1885, St. Lucia Newspaper, The Voice St. lucia, Saint Lucia, News". thevoiceslu.com. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- "AIMU: CLASS OF 2012 | St. Lucia Voice News". thevoiceslu.com. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- "AMU gets 95% pass in MCI screening - The Hindu". thehindu.com. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- "EDEX, 23122013 :readwhere". epaper.newindianexpress.com. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- "American International Medical University (AIMU) | Medicine in america". kcrconsultants.com. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- "Career Guarantee". careerguarantee.com. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- "Main Page". stmarysirl.com. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
|This Caribbean-related university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|