American Journal of Transplantation
|American Journal of Transplantation|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Am. J. Transplant.|
|Edited by||Allan D. Kirk|
The American Journal of Transplantation is a monthly peer-reviewed medical journal published by Wiley-Blackwell on behalf of the American Society of Transplant Surgeons and the American Society of Transplantation. It covers research on all aspects of organ transplantation. Each issue offers continuing medical education in the form of its Images in Transplantation feature, a case-based approach.
Since 2011, a shorter, Czech language-version of the journal is published quarterly, each issue containing five articles originally published in the American Journal of Transplantation. The local editor is Ondrej Viklický (Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague).
The journal publishes a yearly supplement, the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network and Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients Annual Data Report, which is a collection of data about transplant patients. Another annual supplement is the collected abstracts submitted to the American Transplant Congress. A third annual supplement is the State of the Art Winter Symposium supplement, which is published in January and contains the schedule, abstracts, and other information about the symposium. To date, the journal has published three Infectious Disease Guidelines supplements (2004, 2009, and 2013).
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Academic Search
- Elsevier BIOBASE
- CAB Abstracts
- CAB Health
- Chemical Abstracts Service
- CSA Biological Sciences Database
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- Health Economic Evaluations Database
- Dietary Supplements
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Veterinary Bulletin
According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2013 impact factor of 6.190, ranking it first out of 26 journals in the category "Transplantation" and second out of 202 journals in the category "Surgery".
- "Images in Transplantation". Wiley-Blackwell. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "Director". Alberta Transplant Applied Genomics Centre. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- "A Word from Our Director". Emory Healthcare. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- American Journal of Transplantation, Czech edition 3 (3). 2013. Missing or empty
- "About the SRTR". Health Resources and Services Administration. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- "Abstract Information". American Transplant Congress. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- Blumberg EA, Danziger-Isakov L, Kumar D, Michaels MG, and Razonable RR. (2013). "Forward: Guidelines 3". American Journal of Transplantation 13 (S4): 1–2. doi:10.1111/ajt.12129. PMID 23464992.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Transplantation". 2013 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2014.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Surgery". 2013 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2014.