American Literature (journal)
|American Literature (journal)|
|Abbreviated title (ISO 4)||Am. lit and Am. lit.|
|Discipline||American literature, literary history, literary criticism and bibliography|
|Edited by||Priscilla Wald|
|Publisher||Duke University Press and the Modern Literature Association (United States)|
American Literature is a literary journal published by Duke University Press. It is sponsored by the American Literature Section of the Modern Language Association (of America), known as the MLA. The current editor is Priscilla Wald. The first volume of this journal was published in March 1929.
Coverage includes the contributions and works of American authors. Temporal coverage is from the colonial period until present day. Publishing formats also include book review, and relevant announcements (conferences, grants, and publishing opportunities). A citations index is also part of this journal. The index is for future issues and reprints, collections, anthologies, and professional books.
Abstracting and indexing 
- Thomson Reuters:
- Academic Abstracts Fulltext Elite & Ultra
- Academic Research Library,
- Academic Search Elite & Premier
- America: History and Life
- Book Review Digest
- Expanded Academic ASAP
- Student Resource Center College
- General Reference Center Gold & International
- Historical Abstracts
- Humanities and Social Sciences Index Retrospective, 1907–1984,
- Humanities Abstracts,
- Humanities Full Text,
- Humanities Index,
- Humanities Index Retrospective, 1907–1984,
- Humanities International Complete,
- Humanities International Index,
- Social Sciences Index Retrospective, 1907–1984
- International Bibliography of Periodical Literature (IBZ),
- Literary Reference Center,
- Literature Online
- Magazines for Libraries
- MasterFILE Elite & Premier & Select
- MLA Bibliography,
- OmniFile Full Text - Mega Edition
- Professional Development Collection (EBSCO)
- Research Library
- "American Literature Section General Information" (Online). Modern Language Association of America (MLA). Retrieved 2011-02-16. "The American Literature Section of the MLA is a community of scholars, teachers, and students of American literature and culture. The Section sponsors the journal American Literature and the annual volume American Literary Scholarship, both of which are published by Duke University Press"
- "Details" (Online). Duke University Press. Retrieved 2011-02-16.
- "Master Journal List" (Online). Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- Quarterly - Arts & Humanities Citation Index and Current Contents / Arts & Humanities
- "catalog record" (Online). Wellesley Library and Technology. Retrieved 2011-02-17. Wellesley College. Branch Location - Clapp Library.
- "catalogue record" (Online). National Library of Australia. Retrieved 2011-02-17.