American Medical Response
|Headquarters||Greenwood Village, Colorado|
|William A. Sanger, CEO|
Number of employees
|Slogan||Patient Focused, Customer Centered, Caregiver Inspired|
American Medical Response, Inc. (AMR) is a medical transportation company in the United States that serves more than 2,100 communities in 40 states plus the District of Columbia, and provides more than 3 million emergency and non-emergency patient transports each year. As an employer of more than 18,000 paramedics, emergency medical technicians (EMTs), nurses, doctors and support staff, AMR provides emergency response and dispatch services, air ambulance services, event medical services, managed transportation services and paramedic and EMT training.
- 1 Corporate History
- 2 Services
- 3 Activities
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Laidlaw acquired American Medical Response in 1997. In 2004, Laidlaw sold EmCare and American Medical Response to Onex. Onex formed Emergency Medical Services Corporation as the parent of its two acquisitions. EMSC went public in December of that year. In 2011, EMSC was acquired by Clayton, Dubilier & Rice. On June 12, 2013, EMSC changed names to Envision Healthcare Corporation. EmCare, Inc. and Evolution Health also are part of Envision Healthcare Corporation.
Emergency and non-emergency transport to or between hospitals and other care facilities
- Basic life support, advanced life support, specialty/critical care transport (e.g., neonatal), bariatric transport, wheelchair transport
- Domestic and international chartered flights
- Medical escort
- International commercial stretcher service
- Including professional sporting events, concerts, marathons
Non-hospital healthcare delivery
- AMR OnSite: Supports on- and off-shore oil and gas operations, maritime vessels, remote work camps, rural locations and more with a variety of services, all provided by a single source
- AMR OnGuard: Provides security officers who are also state-certified emergency medical service providers to non-hospital settings, such as adult living communities, construction sites, businesses and offices, and sports events facilities.
- AMR Access2Care: Contracts with health plans, healthcare facilities and government entities to provide non-emergency medical transportation
- AMR holds a prime contractor agreement with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) as the Federal Disaster Response Team and sole emergency response provider until 2017.
World CPR Challenge
Since 2013, AMR has led the World CPR Challenge, an annual campaign coordinated with AMR’s U.S. operations that attempts to teach as many people as possible how to do compression-only CPR. On May 22, 2013, AMR successfully trained 54,844 people in this life-saving skill; in 2014, AMR beat the previous year’s record, training 61,883 people in a single day. In recognition of the inaugural 2013 event, AMR received the Gold International Stevie and Bronze U.S. Stevie awards in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility.
AMR owns and operates the nation’s largest network of CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs) accredited EMS education programs, including the National College of Technical Instruction (NCTI), IHM Academy of EMS and the Las Vegas Academy for Prehospital Emergency Care (LVAPEC). NCTI and IHM both offer students associate degrees in science fields and continuing education for health professionals.
- Two U.S. Deals Set by Laidlaw
- Onex will buy two health care units from Laidlaw
- EMS completes IPO of 8.1M shares
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice Completes $3.2 Billion Acquisition of Emergency Medical Services Corporation
- "Integrated Services for Healthcare Facilities". American Medical Response.
- "AMR Air Ambulance Services". AMR Air Ambulance.
- "Security and Medical Response Services". American Medical Response.
- "Onsite Safety and Health Services". American Medical Response.
- "Managed Transportation". American Medical Response.
- Hileman, Deborah. "FEMA Awards National EMS Disaster Contracts to American Medical Response". Reuters.
- "AMR World CPR Challenge". American Medical Response.
- "AMR Makes History While Helping to Save Lives". EMSWorld.
- "AMR's World CPR Challenge". The International Business Awards.
- "Paramedic/EMT Training". American Medical Response.