American Osteopathic Board of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine
|American Osteopathic Board of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine|
|Chair||Melicien A. Tettambel, D.O., FAAO|
|Vice Chairman||Claudia L. McCarty, D.O., FAAO|
|Secretary||Laura E. Griffin, D.O., FAAO|
The American Osteopathic Board of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine (AOBNMM) is an organization that provides board certification to qualified Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) in the medical specialty of neuromusculoskeletal medicine. The AOBNMM is one of 18 medical specialty certifying boards of the American Osteopathic Association Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists approved by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA). As of December 2011, 482 osteopathic physicians hold active certification with the AOBNMM.
Certification is potentially available to osteopathic physicians who have successfully completed an AOA-approved residency in neuromusculoskeletal medicine/osteopathic manipulative medicine (NMM/OMM) and hold an unlimited license to practice. Successful completion of written, oral, and practical examinations are also required for certification.
Board certification in neuromusculoskeletal medicine/osteopathic medicine (NMM/OMM) is required of physicians in order to chair an osteopathic manipulative medicine department at a medical school, or to serve as a director for a NMM/OMM residency program. Since 1995, diplomates of the American Osteopathic Board of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine must renew their certification every ten years to avoid expiration of their board certification status.
- Ayres, RE; Scheinthal, S; Gross, C; Bell, EC (March 2009). "Osteopathic specialty board certification.". The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association 109 (3): 181–90. PMID 19336771. Retrieved 13 September 2012.
- "AOA Specialty Certifying Boards". American Osteopathic Association. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- Ayres, Ronald E; S Scheinthal, C Gross, and E Bell. (April 2012). "Changes to Osteopathic Specialty Board Certification". Journal of the American Osteopathic Association 112 (4): 226–231. Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- "Board Certification". American Osteopathic Board of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
- Schierhorn, Carolyn (June 29, 2012). "How to specialize in osteopathic manipulative medicine". The DO. Retrieved 13 September 2012.
- "Medical Boards: Osteopathic". Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. 2012. Retrieved 24 September 2012.
|This article about a United States health organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|