From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from American Party (disambiguation))
A political party by the name of the American Party has existed several times in the United States:
- The Toleration Party, also known as the American Party, was established in Connecticut to oppose the Federalist Party
- The Know Nothing movement based on nativism used the partisan name American Party (1855–56)
- There were several late 19th-century political parties with the same name, notably one founded in 1887, and another that participated in the elections of 1876, 1880 and 1884. See "American Party, The". Collier's New Encyclopedia. 1921.
- American Party (Utah), an anti-Mormon party that existed in Utah from 1905 to 1911
- American Party (1914), organized by Ex-Governor of New York William Sulzer
- American Party (Texas), a one-man 1920 vehicle in Texas for James E. "Pa" Ferguson, which drew a plurality in some counties
- American Party (1924), which ran Gilbert Nations for President of the United States and former congressman Charles H. Randall for vice-president in 1924, and which sought support from the Ku Klux Klan after its national convention. The ticket received 23,867 votes.
- American Party of Nebraska which ran Mary Kennery (or Kennedy) as a favorite daughter for President of the United States in 1952.
- American Party (1952) which ran Herman W. Kolpack for President of the United States in 1952.
- American Party (1969) was a successor of the 1968 American Independent Party. The current American Independent Party split from it in 1976.
- America's Independent Party
- America's Party
- American Independent Party
- American Republican Party
- Independence Party of America
- Independent American Party
- Independent American Party of Nevada
- New American Independent Party
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.