American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile
|American Pie Presents:
The Naked Mile
|Directed by||Joe Nussbaum|
|Produced by||W.K. Border, Byron A. Martin
Joel Soisson (executive)
|Written by||Eric Lindsay|
by Adam Herz
|Music by||Jeff Cardoni|
|Edited by||Danny Saphire|
|Distributed by||Universal Studios Home Entertainment
|December 12, 2006
December 19, 2006
102 minutes (unrated version)
American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile (also known as American Pie: The Naked Mile) is a 2006 American teen comedy film released by Universal Pictures. It is the second installment in the American Pie Presents series and fifth installment in the American Pie franchise overall. The film begins a story arc that concludes with Beta House (2007). John White stars as Erik Stifler, a high school senior who is given a "guilt free pass" by his girlfriend, Tracy Sterling (Jessy Schram), and so visits the Beta House fraternity led by his cousin, Dwight Stifler (Steve Talley), to run a mile naked. Christopher McDonald co-stars as Erik's father, Harry, and Eugene Levy once again plays Jim's Dad, who turns out to be a family friend of both Erik's and Tracy's. Also, it is in this film that his name is revealed to be "Noah Levenstein".
Erik Stifler (John White) has a difficult time living up to his family name. He is Steve and Matt Stifler's cousin. He is perhaps the only Stifler about to graduate from high school as a virgin. The film opens with Erik feigning illness so that he can stay home and masturbate. Unfortunately, just as he is about to ejaculate, his parents and grandmother unexpectedly walk into the door and are hit with Erik's semen, after which his grandmother dies of a heart attack. Erik's dad later surmises that, as a Stifler, his son should be out having sex instead of masturbating. Erik's girlfriend of two years, Tracy (Jessy Schram), loves him, but is not ready for intercourse. Tracy decides to have sex, their first attempt goes horribly wrong, and she backs out of trying again.
Erik's friends Cooze (Jake Siegel) and Ryan (Ross Thomas) plan a road trip to visit Erik's cousin Dwight Stifler (Steve Talley) in Michigan during an event known as the Naked Mile. Tracy sees this as an opportunity to give Erik a "guilt free weekend pass," hoping that he can quench his lust and get sex out of his system since she is not ready.
As soon as Erik and his friends arrive on campus, they witness an over-the-top drinking contest where Dwight is crowned a campus champion. Later, they lose a rough game of football against a bitter rival fraternity composed almost entirely of midgets, and end up in a brawl with those same midgets on several occasions. The first night when the guys are at a college bar, Erik meets a college girl named Brandi who has a fetish for virgin boys, prompting Ryan and Cooze to make a bet with each other that Erik won't sleep with Brandi and will remain a virgin. At the same time, Ryan and Cooze end up getting turned down by a couple of girls they have met at the bar, Jill and Alexis, who are taken by a couple of the midgets.
The following morning, Dwight gets jumped by the midget fraternity in disguise while walking down the street, landing him in the hospital. Dwight tells the guys he probably won't make it to the Naked Mile, but yet still manages to make it right in time. Right away, he joins up with Erik, Ryan, and Cooze, who are at first reluctant to run, but when Brandi, Jill, and Alexis show up to run with the guys, they're finally prompted to strip down and run with the girls, and end up having a great time. Finally as Erik and Brandi reach the finish line, they steal a kiss, which is then caught on camera for a news report on TV. Watching the news report about the Naked Mile back at home, Tracy is upset and feels guilty that she allowed Erik the free pass. Her friends convince her to also lose her virginity before he gets back.
Later that evening, Erik realizes that he loves Tracy, confesses to Brandi that he can't sleep with her, and rushes back to see his girlfriend. When he gets to her house, Tracy's dad says she is at a party and Erik arrives at the party just as Tracy has headed upstairs, presumably to lose her virginity to her ex-boyfriend. Erik loudly pounds on the closed bedroom door, proclaiming his love for her. However, Tracy was not in the room because she had decided that she could not go through with her plans. The two decide that they should be each other's first, and they make love.
When Erik returns to the Beta house to pick up his friends the next morning, each boy shares stories of his experiences from the night before. The guys then ask Erik if he "sealed the deal" with Brandi that night, and Erik tells them no, prompting Ryan and Cooze to pay up on their bet, until Erik tells them about his adventure back home to make up to Tracy and finally lose his virginity. The guys are now proud of Erik for officially living up to the Stifler family name, and the three friends finally drive back to East Great Falls.
During the post-Naked Mile party, Dwight spots Vicky (Winkler), the girlfriend of Rock (Prentice), the leader of the midget fraternity, and the two of them head up to Dwight's room to have sex. Later, as the film closes, Dwight sent a DVD to Rock that reads, "Payback's a bitch." It reveals both Dwight and Vicky having sex, as Rock yells out, "Stifler!" As it turns out, Dwight and Vicky start dating, and they end up traveling the world together, as various postcard pictures show their many journeys together as the end credits roll.
- John White as Erik Stifler
- Jessy Schram as Tracy Sterling
- Steve Talley as Dwight Stifler
- Christopher McDonald as Harry Stifler
- Eugene Levy as Noah Levenstein
- Ross Thomas as Ryan Grimm
- Jake Siegel as Mike "Cooze" Coozeman
- Jordan Prentice as Rock
- Maria Ricossa as Mrs. Stifler
- Candace Kroslak as Brandy
- Mika Winkler as Vicky
- Dan Petronijevic as Bull
- Jaclyn A. Smith as Jill
- Angel Lewis as Alexis
- Jordan Madley as Brooke
- Melanie Merkosky as Natalie
- Jon Cor as Trent
- Alyssa Nicole Pallett as Porn Chick
- Jessica Booker as Grandma Stifler
- Stuart Clow as Tracy's Dad
- Joe Bostwick as Mr. Williams
- Daniel Morgret as Frankie
- "Let's Get It On" performed by Marvin Gaye
- "News International - Sting 2" Composed by Terry Devine-King
- "Down, Down, Down" Performed by Gabriel Mann
- "Say Goodbye" Performed by The Muffs
- "Freedom" Performed by The White Heat
- "It's All About The Rock" Performed by White Demons
- "Go" Performed by LeeTownPusyy Pusyy Yup
- "Absolutely Wasted" Performed by Sporting Riff-Raff
- "Freak-A-Leek" Performed by K-Lein
- "I Wish" Performed by Skee Lo
- "Go Hard" Performed by Kel Spencer
- "On The Run" Performed by Classic
- "Wey" Performed by Tre Jaqun
- "That's What Dreams Are Made Of" Performed by 2 Clicks Down
- "Scratch" Performed by Allister
- "Stuck In America" Performed by Sugarcult
- "Here We Go" Performed by The Grand Skeem
- "I'm Gonna Make You Sweat" Performed by Al Sheez
- "Sucka MCs" Performed by The Grand Skeem
- "Rock to the Rhythm" Performed by Lexicon
- "Swing Baby Swing" Performed by The DNC
- "Let's Get Def" Performed by Kennedy
- "Candy Store" Performed by Miss Eighty 6
- "Devilz Badvocate" Performed by Dastardly / Focus
- "Hands To Tha Pump" Performed by Da Diggler
- "Ain't No Game" Performed by Basko
- "Everybody Get Crazy Now" Performed by The STL of The DNC
- "Getting Hot In Here" Performed by Josh Henderson
- "Check Out The Sound" Performed by Boomish
- "Perfect" Performed by Remi J
- "Let's Go Home" Performed by The Drop
- "Birthday Song" Performed by Ben Lee
- "RU Ready" Performed by AD
- "We're At The Top Of The World" Performed by The Juliana Theory
- "Say Goodbye" Performed by Everybody Else
"The Naked Mile" of the title refers to a real event that was carried out annually by students of the University of Michigan until 2004. The participants, mostly senior students, would run or bike a pre-designed course through campus while partially or entirely naked. The last "Naked Mile" was in 2004 after the University ended the tradition through arrests and threats to students who ran. Participation in the event also reportedly suffered as it attracted the attention of internet pornography operations.
- Parts were filmed at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, and at the St. George campus of the University of Toronto in Toronto, Ontario. The Naked Mile itself was filmed at Victoria University, a federated university within the University of Toronto. Other parts were filmed at Port Credit Secondary School in Mississauga, Ontario.
The DVD was released on December 19, 2006 in the USA. In the opening weekend, 478,336 units were sold, generating revenue of $9,561,937. As of April 2010, over 3,000,000 have been sold translating to estimate amount of $30,000,000 in revenue. The Region 2 DVD was released in the UK on December 4, 2006 in PAL Widescreen and has been certified 15 by the BBFC with the following viewer guidance; Contains strong language, moderate sex and sex references. The movie was passed without any cuts.
The Region 1 DVD was released December 19, 2006 in Fullscreen R-Rated, Fullscreen Unrated, and Widescreen Unrated versions. All feature Dolby Digital 5.1 audio in English, French, and Spanish. Extras include deleted and extended scenes, outtakes, and a full-length feature commentary featuring the director, writer and cast members. The unrated DVD also contains two bonus features.
After the commercial success of the direct-to-DVD production, American Pie Presents: Band Camp, Universal Studios Home Entertainment decided to produce another sequel to the American Pie film. American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile was released direct-to-video on December 19, 2006. The film was a financial success, generating US$27.41 million in DVD sales domestically, however the fans' reaction was negative, criticizing the recycled jokes and gags from previous 'American Pie' films and the Stifler character for being a poor, flat copy of the original.
- "Another American Pie?". Cinemablend.com. 2006-04-13. Retrieved 2011-12-20.
- "American Pie Presents... (US - DVD R1) in News > Releases at DVDActive". Dvdactive.com. Retrieved 2011-12-20.
- Randall, Laura (2004-08-01). "Things You Do Only in College". The New York Times.
- "Police say nude runners could end up on Internet". The Item (Ann Arbour: Osteen Publishing). Associated Press. 21 April 1998. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Naked Mile may run on Internet". The Robesonian (Ann Arbour). Associated Press. 21 April 1998. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile - DVD Sales". The Numbers. Retrieved 2011-12-20.
- Dave Foster, The Digital Fix. "American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile (R1) in December". DVD Times. Retrieved 2011-12-20.
- Official website
- American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile at AllMovie
- American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile at the Internet Movie Database