The Pool Boys
|The Pool Boys|
|Directed by||James B. Rogers|
|Produced by||Warren Zide
|Written by||Stuart Gibbs
|Music by||Peter Rafelson|
|Editing by||Dennis M. Hill|
|Distributed by||Seven Arts Pictures|
|Running time||107 minutes|
Principal photography began in late April 2007, with filming taking place throughout the New Orleans Metropolitan Area. Since wrapping at the end of the following month, the film struggled to find a wide release. The film was later released to home media on December 27, 2011.
After Alex Sperling, a Harvard-bound valedictorian, loses his summer internship, he heads to Los Angeles to work for his cousin Roger. Unfortunately, Roger isn't the successful businessman he's made himself out to be (having dropped out of Harvard and becoming a pool boy). After a series of mishaps force Alex and Roger to squat in the mansion of one of Roger's clients, they join forces with a local escort to start an escort business. As the business quickly grows, the boys find themselves trapped in the middle of outlandish situations.
- Matthew Lillard as Roger
- Brett Davern as Alex Sperling
- Rachelle Lefèvre as Laura
- Efren Ramirez as Hector
- Tom Arnold as Himself
- Robert Davi as Himself
- George Takei as Maitre d'
- Jay Thomas as Martin Sperling
- Rhoda Griffis as Nancy Sperling
- Heather Marie Marsden as Bree
- Simona Fusco as Hedda
- Jennifer Walcott as Caitlin
- Pat Skipper as Frank
- Monica Leigh as Trish
- AJ Alexander as The DJ
- Astrid Bryan as The Bachelorette
- Scott, Mike (May 22, 2007). "N.O. stands in for Beverly Hills in new film". Nola.com. NOLA Media Group. Retrieved September 6, 2013.
- Scott, Mike (December 26, 2011). "Long-delayed New Orleans-shot comedy 'Pool Boys' settles for cheap laughs". The Times-Picayune. NOLA Media Group. Retrieved September 6, 2013.
- Katz, Josh (December 7, 2011). "The Pool Boys Blu-ray". Blu-ray.com. Retrieved September 6, 2013.
|This film article about a 2010s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|