American University of Science and Technology
|American University of Science and Technology|
Founded by Hiam Sakr of Ain Ebel, Lebanon, the American University of Science and Technology, in Beirut, Lebanon, an educational institute, was established on 21 March 1994 under the name of AUC (Decree # 4897), as an external degree program with the State University of New York/Empire State College, New York, USA. It later changed its name to American University of Science and Technology. On the March 7, 2000, it became a private non-sectarian co-educational institution of higher learning licensed by Presidential Decree no. 3585. Because of its title, the American University of Beirut (AUB), the first and oldest American university in Lebanon, filed lawsuit against the institute forcing it to change its name to "American University College of Science and Technology". In 7 August 2007 the College title was removed and the university was renamed The American University of Science and Technology by a governmental decree. Its medium of instruction are English and French. AUST offers both Undergraduate and Graduate courses and degrees in most of its departments.
- Faculty of Business & Economics
As of March 31, 2011, the Faculty of Business and Economics (FBE) received IACBE Accreditation (International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education) for its business programs. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE: Master of Business Administration & Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering
- Concordia University, Canada.
- Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal, Canada.
- Hashimite University, Jordan.
- Ohio University, USA .
- Politecnico di Milano, Italy.
- Sofia University (St. kliment Ohridski ), Bulgaria.
- The New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA .
- The State University of New York / Empire State College, New York, USA .
- The University of Arkansas, USA.
- Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain.
- Université de Versailles, St. Quentin, France .
- Villanova University, Pennsylvania, USA.
These affiliations cover the areas of transfer of credits, academic curricula, and the exchange of students, exchange of faculty and technical training.
|This Lebanon school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Middle Eastern university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|