American Wind Energy Association
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (October 2012)|
The American Wind Energy Association (AWEA) is a Washington, D.C.-based national trade association formed in 1974, representing wind power project developers, equipment suppliers, service providers, parts manufacturers, utilities, researchers, and others involved in the wind industry.
With over 1,200 member organizations, AWEA "promotes wind energy as a clean source of electricity for consumers in the U.S. and around the world."
AWEA staff "work to educate Congress about policies that encourage investment in wind energy by providing statistics and data on the wind industry, as well as policy recommendations and testimony on various issues."
AWEA supports policies which it asserts will generate investment in the U.S. economy, improve U.S. energy security, and slow climate change, including extension of the federal Production Tax Credit (PTC) for wind energy, establishment of a national Renewable Electricity Standard (RES), adoption of climate change policy that recognizes wind energy as a major near-term option for reducing greenhouse gas emissions, support for efforts to strengthen and expand the U.S. electric transmission system, and support for a strong federal wind energy research program.
Annual industry conference
AWEA hosts the annual WINDPOWER Conference & Exhibition, which is the largest annual wind conference and exhibition in the world. WINDPOWER features an exhibition of wind energy technology, including large-scale components, as well as presentations on industry trends, technology developments, and renewable energy policy developments. The WINDPOWER 2014 Conference & Exhibition is scheduled for May 5-8, 2014, in Las Vegas, NV. 
Wind Tower Standardization Efforts
In December 2009, AWEA partnered with the Telecommunications Industry Association's TR-14.7 Engineering Committee, to research and formulate recommendations to address the technical aspects of the design and maintenance of structures supporting small wind generators based upon the approaches outlined in the existing communications tower standard TIA-222-G.
AWEA's current CEO is Tom Kiernan. Kiernan was formerly President of the National Parks Conservation Association.
- Solar Energy Industries Association
- Global Wind Energy Council
- World Wind Energy Association (WWEA)
- Airborne Wind Energy Industry Association
- European Wind Energy Association
- List of notable renewable energy organizations
- Renewable energy in the United States
- Wind power in the United States
- List of wind farms in the United States
- List of wind farms
- List of onshore wind farms
- List of large wind farms
- List of wind turbine manufacturers
- American Council on Renewable Energy
- Wind ENergy Data & Information (WENDI) Gateway
- Telecommunications Industry Association
- American Wind Energy Association Promotes Environmental Stewardship in 2005