Ameristar Casino East Chicago
|Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago|
|The Win Star vessel hosts the casino (view from Lake Michigan)|
|Location||East Chicago, Indiana|
|Address||777 Ameristar Blvd|
|Opening date||April 18, 1997|
|No. of rooms||288|
|Previous names||Showboat Mardi Gras
Harrah's East Chicago
Resorts East Chicago
The property features a 56,000-square-foot casino that offers 1,900 slot machines including reels, video reels and video poker; more than 40 table games; high limit table games; and a 288-room hotel.
Showboat Mardi Gras Casino opened on April 18, 1997. In 1998, Harrah's Entertainment bought Showboat, Inc. and renamed the property as Harrah's East Chicago. Harrah's later sold it to Resorts International Holdings, and the casino's name was changed, along with the street name to 777 Resort Blvd. (like some Harrah’s branded casinos 777 Harrah’s Blvd). It was later sold in 2007 to Ameristar Casinos and changed its name to Ameristar before the September 2008 deadline.
The Win Star is the vessel that hosts the casino. The vessel uses a diesel reduction propulsion system and has a length of 332.2 feet. The boat's gross tons is 2803.0 and net tons measures 1906.0. It was built in 1997 by Atlantic Marine, Inc.
- "Showboat casino opens with a bang". Post-Tribune (Indiana: via HighBeam). May 21, 1997. Retrieved 2012-05-13. (subscription required)
- John Grochowski (June 21, 1998). "Showboat changes course". Chicago Sun-Times.
- "Harrah's East Chicago casino is sold to Colony Capital.". Knight Ridder/Tribune Business News. September 2004. Retrieved 2008-06-22.[dead link]
- "AMERISTAR CASINOS’ ACQUISITION OF RESORTS EAST CHICAGO" (Press release). Ameristar Casinos. September 13, 2007. Retrieved 2008-06-22.
- "WINSTAR Boat Information". BoatInfoWorld.com. Retrieved July 2, 2012.
|This article relating to a casino or gaming company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|