Above: New AmiKit logo introduced in 2011.
Below: AmiKit screenshot.
|Company / developer||Jan Zahurancik & Contributors|
|Working state||Publicly released|
|Latest stable release||1.6.4 / January 2013|
|Update method||automatic via Live Update|
|Supported platforms||Windows, Mac OS, Linux, m68k|
AmiKit is a freeware compilation of more than 300 pre-installed Amiga programs. An integrated emulator enables the user to experience this high-end AmigaOS configuration on Windows, Mac OS or Linux systems. An external source of Amiga ROMs and operating system is required, however.
- Turns your Windows, Mac or Linux system into high-end Amiga environment
- Easy and fully automated installation and un-installation
- Automatic Live Updates (no need to re-install everything when new update appears)
- Three different working environments: Directory Opus Magellan, Scalos, Workbench
- The newest programs (more than 300 included), some of them are exclusive
- TrueType fonts, DualPNG icons and 24bit visual themes
- Easy and automated installation of various add-ons (games, expert programs, etc.)
- Easy and automated installation of the largest collection of OS3.9 patches
- Knowledge Base with lots of information
- AmiKit website
- AmiKit Support Forum
- Interview with the author - by CryptMag, 2006
- Interview with the author - by 'Commodore is Awesome', 2012