Above: New AmiKit logo introduced in 2011.
Below: AmiKit screenshot.
|Developer||Jan Zahurancik & Contributors|
|Working state||Publicly released|
|Latest release||8.4 / April 2015|
|Update method||automatic via Live Update|
|Platforms||Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android, m68k|
AmiKit is a freeware compilation of more than 350 pre-installed Amiga programs. An integrated emulator enables the user to experience this high-end AmigaOS configuration on Windows, Mac OS, Linux or Android systems. An external source of Amiga ROMs and operating system is required, however.
- Turns your Windows, Mac, Linux or Android system into high-end Amiga environment
- Easy and fully automated installation and un-installation
- Automatic Live Updates (no need to re-install everything when new update appears)
- Three different working environments: Directory Opus Magellan, Scalos, Workbench
- The newest programs (more than 350 included), some of them are exclusive
- TrueType fonts, DualPNG icons and 24bit visual themes
- Easy and automated installation of various add-ons (games, expert programs, etc.)
- Easy and automated installation of the largest collection of OS3.9 patches
- Official website
- AmiKit Support Forum
- Interview with the author - by CryptMag, 2006
- Interview with the author - by 'Commodore is Awesome', 2012
- Review of AmiKit 1.5.0 in Amiga Future magazine 72, 2008 (English, German)
- Review of AmiKit 1.5.0 in Obligement, online, 2008 (French)
- Review of AmiKit 1.6.0 in Amiga Future magazine 95, 2012 (English, German)
- Review of AmiKit 1.7.0 in Amiga Future magazine 110, 2014 (English, German)