||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2013)|
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (February 2013)|
Ami Kassar is a small business advocate and loan broker. Kassar is the founder and CEO of MultiFunding, a website for brokering loans to small businesses. Kassar is also a regular small business columnist for The Wall Street Journal and Inc._(magazine) and is regularly featured in the media and public conversations about small business issues such as entrepreneurship and access to capital.   
Kassar is also known for his research on the small business lending market, in which he confronts and challenges some of the largest banks in America for their lending records to small businesses. Kassar concluded that smaller community-oriented banks hold a disproportionately large share of small business loan balances. His research led to the development of Banking Grades, an online tool that grades every US bank on their small business lending.
Kassar's criticisms of the big banks have been contested by representatives from the Financial Services Roundtable, as well as SBA Administrator Karen Mills. Mills references a commitment by the nation's 13 largest banks to increase small business lending by $20 billion, of which $11 billion in gains have already been made. Some small business bankers believe Kassar's characterization of the big banks is unfair. They point out the importance of exercising caution in making loans, to avoid repeating some of the risky lending that contributed to the recession. In addition, bankers cite a lack of demand for loans from creditworthy businesses.
- "The MultiFunding Team". Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- "Ami Kassar: How to Navigate the New Small-Business Lending Landscape". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Are You a Tortoise or a Hare Entrepreneur?".
- Davidson, Paul (13 November 2012). "Small businesses turn to alternative lenders". USA Today. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- Helm, Burt. "Hard Lessons in Modern Lending". Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- Khimm, Suzy. "Has Obama really helped small businesses?". The Washington Post. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- Chun, Janean (6 September 2012). "Will Big Banks Really Lend $20 Billion To Small Businesses?". Huffington Post. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- Cook, Jon. "SBA says small business lending up, but some feeling left out". Reuters. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- Kassar, Ami (27 June 2012). "Grading Banks on Their Small-Business Lending". The New York Times. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- Mills, Karen. "SBA and America’s Banks are Increasing Small Business Lending". Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- Bernstein, Marc. "Why Big Banks Are Lending Enough to Small Firms". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 12 February 2013.