|Single by Nâdiya|
|from the album Nâdiya|
|Released||October 30, 2006|
|Nâdiya singles chronology|
"Amies-ennemies" is a song recorded by the French R&B singer Nâdiya. It was released as the third single from her third studio album, Nâdiya, on October 30, 2006. The song is harmonically based on the second theme of Frédéric Chopin's Waltz Op. 64, No. 2. It was a top five hit in France and Belgium (Wallonia).
The song appears to be re-recorded or remixed for the video, as the song starts with a slightly different rhythm and the video version begins with the chorus instead of the first verse like the album version. There are more small differences, like the shout when the second verse begins, the a cappella part almost at the end of the video version and when she sings "l'autres ennemies" ('the other enemies'), is also different from the album version.
The video starts by showing a phonograph player, literally sampling the original Chopin waltz, next showing Nâdiya sitting on a couch putting on 'closed headphones'. Cuts of some children on ballet are also shown - throughout the whole video. When the first verse begins, Nâdiya is dancing in some sort of room with only a ventilator behind her. More scenes of the two friends are shown (one representing Nâdiya probably). At the chorus, we see Nâdiya with her background dancers performing a choreography for the song. Meanwhile, the two friends are having an argument and split from each other on the beach. At last, there is a party going on in Nâdiya's apartment with all of her friends being there. The video ends with Nâdiya picking up the phone and answering "C'est Nâdiya" ('Nâdiya here').
It charted and peaked at number four in France for two weeks. The song has become her longest-running solo single in the French singles chart, being in it for 29 weeks. The record was previously held by her former single "Roc", which was in it for 24 weeks. Later, this record was broken by the Enrique Iglesias duet "Tired of Being Sorry (Laisse le destin l'emporter)", in it for 46 weeks.
Digital download (September 25, 2006)
- "Amies-ennemies" – 3:43
CD single (October 30, 2006)
- "Amies-ennemies" – 3:43
- "Cètte planète" – 3:13
- "Amies-ennemies" [a cappella]
- "Amies-ennemies" [video]
Certifications and sales
|Country||Certification||Date||Sales certified||Physical sales|
- 2006 certifications in France Disqueenfrance.com (Retrieved September 11, 2008)
- 2006 best-selling singles in France 2005 Best selling singles in France (Retrieved December 16, 2007)
- "Amies-ennemies", Belgian (Wallonia) Singles Chart Ultratop.be (Retrieved September 11, 2008)
- "Amies-ennemies", French Singles Chart Lescharts.com (Retrieved September 11, 2008)
- French Digital Chart Disqueenfrance.com (Retrieved September 11, 2008)
- "Amies-ennemies", Swiss Singles Chart Swisscharts.com (Retrieved September 11, 2008)
- 2006 Belgian (Wallonia) Singles Chart Ultratop.be (Retrieved September 11, 2008)
- 2006 French Singles Chart Ifop.com (Retrieved September 11, 2008)
- 2007 French Singles Chart Disqueenfrance.com (Retrieved September 14, 2009)