Amigas y rivales
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (October 2012)|
|Amigas y rivales|
|Created by||Emilio Larrosa|
|Written by||Alejandro Pohlenz|
|Directed by||José Ángel García|
Arath de la Torre
Eric Del Castillo
|Opening theme||Amigas y Rivales by Kabah|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||185|
|Executive producer(s)||Emilio Larrosa|
|Producer(s)||Arturo Pedraza Loera|
Marco Antonio Rocha
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Original channel||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Original run||February 26 – November 9, 2001|
|Preceded by||Primer amor... a mil por hora|
|Followed by||El Juego de la Vida|
Amigas y Rivales tells the story of four women from different social backgrounds. The first one of them is Laura, a studious, sensitive and serious girl from a middle-class family; she studies data processing in a private university because she received a scholarship.
Jimena is the typical rich girl, dissipated and irresponsible, for whom sex is only another way to be entertained. Jimena is later kidnapped, although she does not realize it, she lives with Sebastian, a drug dealer who gives her drugs in exchange for her having sex with men in his home.
Ofelia is Jimena's best friend. Like Jimena, she is rich and carries a way of life of diversion and frivolous pleasures. It is not until Ofelia gets infected with HIV.
The fourth protagonist is a girl that comes from a humble background, Nayeli, who works as a maid in Jimena's home. Nayeli's dream is to be become a Hollywood actress, like her idol, Salma Hayek. This dream takes her to the United States illegally, and leads to a bad experience. Johnny Trinidad, a boxer she meets in the US, falls in love with her. But later falls in love with a popular soap star while her sister is kidnapped by Roxana and Sebastian. This is after she finds out that Johnny was in love with Jimena while he was living in the gym in Mexico City.
Laura's emotional feelings get divided between Beto and his father, Don Roberto de la O, who hired Laura as an instructor in how to use his firm's new computers. Don Roberto de la O becomes determined to attract Laura, who unconsciously compares him with her own father, a weak man without character.
Laura and Don Roberto de la O date for a while; their relationship ended when Laura's mother lied to Don Roberto de la O, telling him that Laura was his daughter. Later, Laura finds out that Don Roberto de la O is not her father, and finds out she is a result of a one night stand. Her parents separate. Don Roberto de la O and Laura begin dating once again but weeks later she finds out that she is not in love with him, and she is caught kissing Don Roberto's son Roberto.
When Don Roberto discovers that Laura loves his son, thanks to some deceitfulness by Roxana to keep Roberto, he suffers a stroke.
Roxana, the second wife of Don Roberto de la O, is an extremely beautiful woman, hiding an unscrupulous criminal soul under the mask of an ideal wife. Her real name is Carolina. She attempted to kill her own father, Tomas, for which he sent her to an asylum. She escaped, established a new identity - Roxana. She poisoned Don Roberto's first wife so that he could marry him. Roxana secretly desired her husband's son, Roberto, which turned her into a criminal, having killed Roberto's former fiancée to have a chance of having a relationship with him. Both eventually become romantically involved, but the romance is ended when Roberto realizes how much he loves Laura, which angers Roxana.
Roxana teams up with Sebastian to take revenge on the friends. She goes to jail but manages to escape.
Georgina sleeps with Sebastian and gets pregnant but she later shoots him to death.
In the end, Ofelia, after having been unwilling to continue to live on, chooses to fight for her life. Laura receives a marriage proposal from Roberto. Jimena fixes up her bad habits and Nayeli manages to carry on a successful career in acting.
At the friends' graduation party, Roxana appears with a group of armed men planning to take revenge on Jimena, Nayeli, Ofelia, Georgina. Laura is absent because she felt sick. Roxana mentions killing Roberto's first wife, Monica Angela. Joaquin is accidentally killed. Pepe is shot in the arm. Carlota reveals that Roberto "Beto" and Roxana are half-brothers, both being priest Tomas's children. Roxana wants to throw sulfuric acid on Jimena's face but Nayeli and Tamara hold her and Nayeli manages to make Roxana pour the acid on her own face. The police arrive and detain Roxana.
Roxana ends in an asylum with a disfigured face.
- Michelle Vieth as Laura González - Main heroine, middle class, in love with Beto
- Ludwika Paleta as Jimena de la O - Main heroine, rich, daughter of Don Roberto and sister of Beto, in love with Carlos, then with Pepe
- Angélica Vale as Wendy Nayeli Pérez - Main heroine, poor, in love with Beto, then with Ernesto
- Adamari López as Ofelia Villada - Main heroine, rich, best friend of Jimena, in love with Ulises
- Joana Benedek as Roxana de la O - Main Villain, wife of Don Roberto, in love with Beto, ends up in an asylum, insane and with a disfigured face
- Eric del Castillo as Don Roberto de la O - Father of Jimena and Beto, husband of Roxana, then of Sonia
- Arath de la Torre as Roberto "Beto" de la O - Son of Don Roberto, brother of Jimena, in love with Laura
- Rodrigo Vidal as Armando - Ex-Boyfriend of Jimena, in Love with Tamara, dies in hospital by a stab wound
- Rafael Inclán as Manuel de la Colina - twin brother of Moncho, rich. / Moncho, father of Nayeli, twin brother of Manuel, poor.
- Johnny Lozada as Johnny Trinidad - Boxer, in love with Nayeli
- Susana González as Angela Riveira - Best Friend of Roxana, Shot dead by Roxana because she betrayed her
- Eugenio Cobo as Pedro González - Father of Laura and Andrea
- Chela Castro as Carlota - Housekeeper in Don Roberto's house
- Alicia Fahr as Alma González - Mother of Laura and Andrea
- Irina Areu as La Güera - Wife of Moncho
- Imperio Vargas as Yolanda - Moncho's lover
- Marina Marín as Amada - Mother of Nayeli
- Marisol Mijares as Andrea González - Laura's sister, in love with Abelardo
- Carlos Miguel as El Chacal - Criminal, villain
- Sergio DeFassio as Chema - Moncho's friend
- Sergio Acosta as Gardenia - Boss of Moncho
- Ricardo Silva as Joaquin - Friend of Don Roberto, later turned villain
- Edgar Ponce as Ricardo - Alma's lover
- Rudy Casanova as Tony Corrales - Johnny's manager
- Ana Liz Rivera as Marilú
- Claudia Troyo as Mónica - Laura's best friend, accidentally killed by Roxana
- Gabriel Soto as Ulises 'el feo' - in love with Ofelia
- Luis Roberto Guzmán as Frank - in love with Nayeli, husband of Marilu
- Zoila Quiñones as Adelaida
- Manuela Ímaz as Tamara de la Colina - Daughter of Manuel, sister of German, friend of main heroines, in love with Armando
- Ramón Valdés as Rodrigo - Armando's cousin
- Salim Rubiales as German de la Colina - Son of Manuel, brother of Tamara
- Paulo César Quevedo as Edgar - Johnny's enemy, villain
- Lorena Velázquez as Itzel de la Colina - Manuel's wife
- Alejandro Avila as Sebastián - Drug dealer, villain, killed by Georgina
- Benjamín Rivero as Lalo Bonavides - In love with Nayeli
- René Strickler as Carlos Torreblanca - Jimena's psychologist, in love with Jimena
- Felicia Mercado as Sonia Torreblanca - Mother of Carlos, wife of Don Roberto
- Martha Julia as Margarita - Friend of Carlos
- Maki as Alejandra - Girlfriend of Roberto, Killed by Roxana
- Shirley as Julieta
- Claudio Sorel as Lorenzo - Father of Angela
- Luis Couturier as Emilio Larrosa - Nayeli's manager
- Elias Chiprout as Luis - Tamara's boyfriend
- Damián Mendiola as Abelardo - Boyfriend of Andrea
- Mayrín Villanueva as Georgina - Ex-friend of Sebastian and Roxana, friend of main heroines, in love with Ulises
- Ernesto Laguardia as Himself - In love with Nayeli
- Alejandro de la Madrid as Rolando - In love with Jimena
- Silvia Suárez as Mother of Luis
- Miguel Palmer as Alberto - Laura's biological father
- Nailea Norvind as Paula - Ex-girlfriend of Ernesto Laguardia
- Eduardo Santamarina as Jose "Pepe" Alcantara - In love with Jimena
- Maricruz Nájera as Mother of Pepe
- Rosángela Balbó as Mother of Paula
- Arsenio Campos as Padre Tomás - Father of Roxana and Roberto
- Elizabeth Álvarez as Rocio, an actress
- Eduardo Cuervo as Oscar
- "Amigas y Rivales" Kabah (band) (Anaya, Maria Jose Loyola; Knupegelmacher, Kaniela Magun; Tapia, Hector Fernando Quijano; Tapia, Janine Patricia Quijano)
- "Entre Amigas" Jackson, Amaury, Lopez (Jackson, Amaury Lopez; Johnny Lozada)
- "Vuelvo a Intentar" Angélica Vale (Hartman, Angelica Maria Vale)
- "No Sabes Cuanto" Alex Sirvent (Barton, Alejandro Sirvent)
- "Amigales y Rivales" Alex Sirvent (Barton, Alejandro Sirvent; Ruelas, Raul Cortes)
- "Que Paso" Johnny Lozada (Correa, Johnny Loazada)
- "Vuelvo a Intentar (Versión Merengue)" Angélica Vale (Hartman, Angelica Maria Vale; Luis Reynoso Gongora)
- "Ellas" Sirvent Barton (Barton, Alejandro Sirvent)
- "Amigas y Rivales" Angélica Vale (Hartman, Angelica Maria Vale; Luis Reynoso Gongora)
- "Al Ataque Feo" Gabriel Soto (Barton, Alejandro Sirvent)