|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2014)|
|Occupation||Psychologist, author, academic|
|Known for||Counselor, writer|
|Click To Visit Website of Amit Abraham|
Amit Abraham is head of the postgraduate department of psychology at St. John's College, Agra He is teaching graduate and postgraduate classes along with supervision of research work. He is actively involved in various offbeat research works related with the human psyche. He did his schooling from St. Joseph's College, Nainital and his post graduation in psychology from the Delhi University. His PhD is in the area of personality as determined and influenced by the Zodiac signs of individuals. He has been the Coordinator of the National Commission For Minority Educational Institutions, New Delhi (Under the ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi) for three consecutive terms (2005–2008). He is also the Recipient of the U.P. Shikshak Samman for the year 2006 awarded by Bright Organization of Youth, Agra.
Abraham has done extensive work on human sexuality and sexual attitudes. He has developed scales for the measurement of attitudes towards premarital sex, polygamy, pornography, lesbianism, and homosexuality. He has also developed scales for the measurement of values and vocational interest. He has published research papers in diverse areas. He has authored textbooks and books for competitive examinations. He has also written books on general interest and self-help.He has contributed many articles in the leading daily Hindi newspapers and appeared on various talk shows in the local and state television including Moon T.V. (Agra), Sahara T.V. (Uttar Pradesh), and Sea T.V. (Uttar Pradesh and Uttranchal).
He is also the founder and head of Samvaidna,  a mental health welfare organization registered under the Societies Registration Act (Registration No. 2016). The organization is providing free guidance, counseling, and therapy for various psychological problems. Abraham's organization also holds regular free guidance and counseling camps in the city of Agra. His organization has done extensive work in the district jail of Agra giving counseling and therapy to the prisoners. Drug de-addiction programs have also been carried out in the jail.
Abraham is also actively involved in offering psychological guidance and counseling via the internet to people. He is offering guidance and counseling through the column of a national youth magazine Trailblazer. He is also the consultant for the local print and electronic media giving interviews and talks on various psychological aspects and issues. Abraham along with BIG 92.7 FM and Resonance conducted a week long "Shine Under Pressure" motivational exercise in which children of various schools in Agra were addressed by him. He gave the students tips on handling stress, anxiety and tensions related with examination pressure and told them about the various ways in which they can enhance their learning and memorize better. He also counseled them for the various psychological problems they were facing.
- Amit Abraham. Procrastination – The Opportunity Killer: A Self Assessment Guide And Workbook.Unicorn Books Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi. (An Imprint of Pustak Mahal). 2013.
- Amit Abraham. General Psychology. Tata McGraw Hill Higher Education, New Delhi. 2011.
- Amit Abraham. The Fifth Commandment.(Fiction).createspace.com. 2011...
- Amit Abraham. The Great Game.(A Psycho-social political crime thriller).createspace.com.2011...
- Amit Abraham. Taming The Little Devils Within. Unicorn Books Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi. (An Imprint of Pustak Mahal). 2010.
- Amit Abraham. You Have the Power to Be Happy: Sterling Paperbacks, 2009.
- Review: The Organizer.
- Amit Abraham. Rules of Attraction: Get the One You Admire. Pustak Mahal, Delhi. 2008.
- Amit Abraham. Personality Development Through Positive Thinking. Elgin, Ill: New Dawn Press (An Imprint of Sterling), 2004...
- Amit Abraham. UGC/NET/SLET: Psychology – Paper II: Upkar Prakshan, Agra.2004.
- Amit Abraham. Fundamentals of Psychology. Y.K.Publishers, Agra. 2002.
- Psychogenic Diarrhea Indian Pediatrics Volume 42 17 June 2005, pp. 617–618.
- "Importance of Mental Health" Trailblazer: Motivational Monthly for Young Minds Volume 1 Issue 1. February 2009. Unicorn Books, Delhi.
- "How to Remain Mentally Healthy" Trailblazer: Motivational Monthly for Young Minds Volume 1 Issue 2. April 2009. Unicorn Books, Delhi.
- "Psychology of Attention" Trailblazer: Motivational Monthly for Young Minds Year: 2 Issue: 8. August 2011. Unicorn Books, Delhi.
- "The Devil Of Depression" Trailblazer: Motivational Monthly for Young Minds Year: 2 Issue: 9. September 2011. Unicorn Books, Delhi.
- "Taming The Devil of Stress" Trailblazer: Motivational Monthly for Young Minds Year: 2 Issue: 12. December 2011. Unicorn Books, Delhi.
- "Normal Vs Abnormal Behavior: Does A Sharp Dividing Line Exist?" Trailblazer: Motivational Monthly for Young Minds Year: 3 Issue: 2. February 2012 Unicorn Books, Delhi.
- "The Essence of Attraction". Trailblazer: Motivational Monthly for Young Minds Vol.: V, Issue 4. April 2013. Unicorn Books, Delhi.
- "Evaluate Your Mental Health". Trailblazer: Motivational Monthly for Young Minds Vol.: V, Issue 7. July 2013. Unicorn Books, Delhi.
- "The Devil of Depression". Trailblazer: Motivational Monthly for Young Minds Vol.: V, Issue 8. August 2013. Unicorn Books, Delhi.
- "The Devil of Anxiety". Trailblazer: Motivational Monthly for Young Minds Vol.: V, Issue 10. October 2013. Unicorn Books, Delhi.
- "Are You A Procrastinator?". Trailblazer: Motivational Monthly for Young Minds Vol.: VI, Issue 8. August 2014. Unicorn Books, Delhi.
- "Taming The Devil of Forgetfulness". Trailblazer: Motivational Monthly for Young Minds Vol.: VI, Issue 9. September 2014. Unicorn Books, Delhi.
Psychological scales developed and published
- “Sexual Attitude Scales” (5). National Psychological Cooperation, Agra. 1997.
- “Samvaidna’s Vocational Preference Scale”. Agra Psychological Research Cell, Agra. 2004.
- “Samvaidna’s Value Scale”. Agra Psychological Research Cell, Agra. 2004.
- “Samvaidna’s Clinical Case Study Performa”. Agra Psychological Research Cell, Agra. 2004.
- "Samvaidna's Procrastination Scale". Psychomatrix, Delhi. 2013.
- "Samvaidna's Self Monitoring Scale". Agra Psychological Research Cell, Agra. 2013.
- "Reproduction of angular distances in the congenitally blind" Psycho-lingua, 1994, Vol. 24 (2), 99 – 104.
- "Job satisfaction and teacher effectiveness" Indian Journal of Psychometry and Education. 1994, Vol. 25 (1 & 2): 61 – 64.
- "Effects of Noise Pollution on Human Adaptability In Agra City" Indian Journal of Environmental Protection. Vol. 22, No. 12, December 2002.
- "A study of values of under graduate and post graduate students as determinant of their vocational preferences" Asian Journal of Psychology and Education. Vol. 37, No. 1 – 2, Year 2004, page 33 – 36.
- "To Study The Effects of Corporal Punishment on Children in Relation To Exhibition of Antisocial Behavior" Indian Psychological Review. 2005, Vol. 64. No. 4 Page 209 – 214.
- "Cognitive Dysfunction in Relation To Mercury Toxicity Among The Residents of Agra City" Behavioural Scientist. 2005, Vol.6 (2), Page 81 – 84.
- "Enhancing Emotional Intelligence" Indian Psychological Review.2006, Vol. 66, No. 4, Page 183-186.
- "Relationship Between Self Image and Psycho Social Motives Amongst College Students." Asian Journal of Psychology and Education. Dec. 2012, Vol.45. No.7-8, pg. 33–40.
- "Work Ethics, Job Satisfaction and Teacher Effectiveness Amongst Public School Teachers." Journal of Human and Work Management, July 2013, Vol. 1, 82–88.
Research supervised – PhD
- "A Study of The Effects of Self Esteem, Extroversion and Coital Frequency on Husbands Sexual Satisfaction" 2002. (Dr. Titus P. Varghese)-: Re-assessed by the Foreign Credentials Services of America and approved by the American Psychological Association, USA.
- "A Study of Values of Under Graduate and Post Graduate Students As Determinant of Their Vocational Preferences". 2002. (Dr. Rashmi Nautiyal)
- "A Study of The Relationship of Cognitive Dysfunctions With Heavy Metal Toxicity". 2002. (Dr. Neeraj Mittal)
- "A Study of Self – Concept, Level of Aspiration and Adjustment in Relation To Academic Achievement of School Going Children of Agra". 2002. (Dr. Ashish Kumar Singh Chauhan)
- "The Causative Factors For Underachievement in Sciences". 2005. (Dr. Mrs. Preeti Monik)
- "Impact on Personality Types And Traits on the Performance of Cricket Players of National Level". 2011. (Dr.Khwaja Nishat Husain)
- "A Study of Depression, Anxiety and Attitude of Leprosy Patients In The Current Integrated Scenario". 2013. (Dr. Anil Kumar Yaduvanshi)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Amit Abraham.|
- St. John's College, Agra
- Times of India – Lucknow Edition, 8 October 2005
- "Welcome to NCMEI". Ncmei.gov.in. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- Danik Jagran (Agra)26 May 2004
- Danik Jagran (Agra) 28 May 2006
- Amar Ujala (Agra)13 February 2006
- DLA Agra 2 June 2007
- Amar Ujala(Agra)8 December 2002
- Samvaidna – WikiName
- Danik Jagran (Agra) 9 December 2002
- Samvaidna: The Mental Health Organization | Website
- Samvaidna: The Mental Health Organization | Facebook
- Amar Ujala (Agra) 24 February 2003
- Amar Ujala (Agra) 9 May 2004
- Sahara Samay (Agra)19 June 2004
- Hindustan (Agra)2 March 2009
- Hindustan Times HT Live (Agra) 29 January 2010
- Dla Media Digital Edition
- Amar Ujala (Agra) 21 January 2010
- DLA (Agra) 21 January 2010
- Hindustan Times HT Live (Agra) 23 January 2010
- ISBN 9788178063379
- "Procrastination The Opportunity Killer – A Self Assessment Guide And Workbook by Amit Abraham, ISBN 9788178063379 | Unicorn Books". Unicornbooks.in. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- ISBN 978-0-07-107799-6
- ISBN 0-07-106785-X
- General Psychology – Amit Abraham – McGraw-Hill Education
- The Fifth Commandment
- ISBN 978-1-4636-1979-4
- The Great Game
- ISBN 978-1-4636-9768-6
- ISBN 978-81-7806-208-2
- ISBN 81-7806-208-9
- Taming The Little Devils Within by Dr. Amit Abraham, ISBN 9788178062082 | Unicorn Books
- Taming the Little Devils of Within us to become Mentally Healthy | GroundReport
- Taming The Little Devils Within
- ISBN 978-81-207-3935-2
- [dead link]
- ISBN 81-7806-151-1
- ISBN 978-81-7806-151-1
- "Printpick". The Hindu Metro Plus. 2008-09-30.
- Book Review: Rules of Attraction – Get the one you admire | GroundReport
- ISBN 81-207-2618-9
- ISBN 1-932705-11-2
- "Personality Development through Positive Thinking – Self-Improvement-STERLING PUBLISHERS". Sterlingpublishers.com. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- ISBN 979-694-850-8
- Piense en positivo y triunfe / Think positive and triumph 6074520378: Book: Amit Abraham (9786074520378) | Flipkart.com
- "Upkar Prakashan". Upkar.in. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- ISBN 81-85070-79-2
- ISBN 978-81-85070-79-7
- Garg, Amit; Abraham (June 2005). "Psychogenic Diarrhea". Indian Pediatrics 42 (6): 617–618. ISSN 0019-6061.
- "Psychological Tests". National Psychological Cooperation. p. 28.
- Abraham, Amit. "Reproduction of angular distances in the congenitally blind". Psycho-lingua 24 (2): 99–104. ISSN 0377-3132.
- "Effects of Noise Pollution on Human Adaptability In Agra City". Indian Journal of Environmental Protection 22 (12). December 2002. ISSN 0253-7141.