Ammaji Ki Galli
|Ammaji Ki Galli|
|Created by||Contiloe Telefilms Pvt. Ltd.& Divya Nidhi Sharma|
|Written by||Divya Nidhi Sharma & Aparijata Sharma|
|Directed by||Ravi Bhushan, Dharmesh Mehta & Rajan Waghdhare|
|Theme music composer||JD Singh|
|Opening theme||Rajesh Bisen|
|Country of origin||India|
|Original language(s)||Hindi, Punjabi|
|No. of episodes||total 70|
|Producer(s)||Abhimanyu Singh & Roopali Singh|
|Editor(s)||Dharmesh Patel & Shadab I Khan|
|Cinematography||Hrishikesh Gandhi & Abhishek Gandhi|
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Original channel||SAB TV|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original run||20 June 2011 – 23 September 2011|
Ammaji Ki Galli is a comedy serial which is aired on SAB TV from 20 June 2011 at 7.30 p.m IST, every day from Monday to Friday which was later shifted to 7 pm IST on 22 August 2011 to start the new show Chintu Chinki Aur Ek Badi Si Love Story. The show is written by Divya Nidhi Sharma and Aparijata Sharma and produced by Contiloe Productions. The name of the show comes from the notion that the street's main go to person is Ammaji (Mother, in English).
The show revolves around the lives of people living in a jam-packed street in Amritsar. Ammaji is the main protagonist and also the narrator of the show. She is well-informed and the oldest member of the galli (Street, in English). Ammaji is respected by all the people of the street.
The street is filled with different characters who have their own style of mannerism and personality. There is Kalavati, who uses an ornate language which only her daughter-in-law understands. Sheetal daughter-in-law of Kalawati, her husband has gone to Canada to earn money; her punchline being "Har Chees Mein Good Hota Hai Ji" (There is good in everything). Whereas Parminder Kaur is a cleanliness freak. Then there is Roshni, who married Surinder Sharma against her parents wishes, has a complete day care centre of flowers which she fondly takes care like her children.
Priyanka, the twenty something girl whose mother passed when she was a child and here father is mostly out of India for work purposes. She is immediate neighbor of Parminder, who takes care of Priyanka as a responsible neighbor and is like an elder sister to her. One more thing about her is that she is extremely fond of eating Samosas, her weak-point. Between all the problems the people face, Ammaji silently solves all the problems without getting noticed.
|Rakshanda Khan||Parminder Kaur|
|Abir Goswami||Sardar Surjeet Singh|
|Imran Khan||Surinder Sharma|
|Kanika Verma||Roshni Sharma|
- Ammaji – She is the protagonist of the serial. She is an old woman who pretends to be suffering from paralysis, but is actually normal. She lives in Parminder's house, and secretly helps all the Galli members. She is the darling of everyone, and everyone reveals his/her secrets to Ammaji.
- Parminder Kaur – The obsessive cleaner, and lover of neatness, she doesn't leave anything dirty, and paints everything spic-and-span, even the neighbor's doors and scooters. She is the spoken mother of Priyanka, and takes care of her like a mother.
- Surjeet Singh – The meek husband of Parminder, he is often indulged in his own life, and sometimes confused. He often faces embarrassment due to his wife, and his son, Bachchitter.
- Priyanka – The bubbly girl who is so fond of samosas that her tummy is never full for one. She even secretly goes to someone's function, uninvited, to eat a samosa. She is shown as a dumbo, who often asks silly questions, and makes silly statements like: "Aaj aantho suro ko hila do" (Shake all the eight notes of music).
- Surinder Sharma – The husband of Roshni, he too faces embarrassment due to his wife's love for plants and her self-respecting attitude. He often has to water plants which Roshni treats as her children.
- Roshni Sharma – The fashion maniac, and the plant lover, she is often seen competing with her family members for small things like number of chairs in Galli's function. She treats her plants as her children, and has also given names to them. More than that, she is a speedy speaker and cares little about others. She has a love marriage with Surinder.
- Sheetal – The optimist, she is always seeking for good in anything bad. She lives with her mother-in-law, Kalawati in the Galli. Her husband is said to be in Canada, and she has twin daughters, who often speak together.
- Kalavati – As the name suggests, she speaks often in a fancy way, which only Sheetal understands. She confuses everyone with her arrows of sharp and complex Hindi words and word strings.
- Bachchitter – He is the son of Parminder, and Surjeet. He asks silly questions like: "Does Santa Claus come in Punjab?" and makes Parminder angry.
- The twin girls – They are daughters of Sheetal. They are not seen much in the serial.
- Online Comedy Shows – Watch indian comedy online – Indian Commedy Soaps Online – Hindi Comedy Shows Online – Sab Channel online. Sabtv.com. Retrieved on 2011-10-18.
- http://www.sabtv.com/comedy/show.php?id=28 Official website