Amnon Shamosh was born in Aleppo, Syria. In his childhood he immigrated to Palestine and participated in the 1948 Arab–Israeli War in a Palmach unit. He studied at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He was a founder of kibbutz Ma'ayan Barukh, where he has resided ever since.
- Michel Ezra Safra and Sons
- My Sister the Bride (published 1979 in English by Massada Press)
- The Great Confession
- The Cedars of Lebanon
- With Me from Lebanon
- Marrano Mountain (published 1992 in English by Massada Press)
- Calamus and Cinnamon
- A Kibbutz is a Kibbutz is a Kibbutz
- From the Source
- Autumn Stories, Fall Colors
Shamosh also wrote the non-fiction book Haketer, the Story of the Aleppo Codex.
Awards and recognition
Shamosh was awarded the President's Prize for Literature in 2001.