|Format||Drama / Soap Opera|
|Created by||Veronica Suarez|
|Directed by||Yaky Ortega|
José Ángel Llamas
Marjorie de Sousa
|Opening theme||"Puede Ser" by Grupo Ashta|
|Country of origin||United States
|No. of episodes||123|
|Location(s)||Miami, Florida, USA|
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Original channel||Venevisión International
|Original run||January 21, 2008 – July 8, 2008|
|Followed by||Alma Indomable|
Amor Comprado (Love Contract') is a Miami, Florida-made telenovela that was produced by Venevisión International for Univision. It is loosely inspired by TV Azteca's Catalina y Sebastian, written by the same writer of this project. The series stars Elizabeth Gutiérrez and José Ángel Llamas as the protagonists while Patricia Álvarez, Marjorie de Sousa and Zully Montero star as the main villains. Filmed and set in Miami, Florida, USA, the show replaced Nunca Te Diré Adiós at 1PM/12C on Univision. The telenovela also aired in Ecuador at 10:15pm on TC Televisión, on Canal 9 in Valencia, Spain and on Telemetro in Panama. It began airing in Venezuela on October 29, 2008, via Venevisión Plus at 10:00pm with repeats Monday to Saturday at 1:00pm.
It was broadcast in United States, Ecuador, Spain, Panama, Chile and Venezuela.
Young playboy Willy de la Fuente is in a bind. If he doesn't marry by his rapidly-approaching 30th birthday, he'll lose his inheritance—something his mean-spirited grandmother Gertrudis is looking forward to. Despite this, he's not interested in marriage because he believes—thanks to his grandmother's constant attacks on his own self-esteem—that women aren't interested in him for anything else but his money.
Mariana is also in a bind. Her father is in jail after accidentally killing the young man who attempted to rape her, and she desperately needs to come up with the money to hire a lawyer for his defense. And with her father already recovering from one nearly-fatal beating, she's running out of time...
Willy finally decides to "audition" his next wife. He puts an ad in the paper searching for a wife—much to Gertrudis' consternation. He then meets Mariana, and they hit it off—at least until he discovers that she only married him for the money, which she will not get if she doesn't remain married to him.
Eventually, the two of them really do fall in love, but Gertrudis will go to any length to tear them apart. Willy's pain is her pleasure.
- Elizabeth Gutiérrez - Mariana, main heroine.
- José Ángel Llamas - Willy, main hero.
- Marjorie de Sousa - Margot, villain, in love with Willy. Goes to prison
- Zully Montero - Gertrudis De La Fuente, villain, sister of Luciano. Commits suicide.
- Patricia Alvarez - Natalia, mother of Ricardo villain, becomes poor and living in the street.
- Karen Senties - Leonora, mother of Mariana.
- Brianda Riquer - Juliana, daughter of Teresa.
- José Bardina - Luciano De La Fuente, husband of Morgana.
- Fernando Carrera - Valentín.
- Roberto Mateos - Arturo Garibay, villain. commits suicide by shooting himself in the head.
- Nelida Ponce - Matilda.
- Reynaldo Cruz - Ernesto.
- Isabel Moreno - Rosa, mother of Natalia, grandmother of Ricardo.
- Carlos Garin - Lcdo. Gutiérrez.
- Anna Silvetti - Morgana De La Fuente, villain, mother of Margot, wife of Luciano. Goes to prison.
- Franklin Virgüez - Saladino.
- Laura Ferretti - Teresa, mother of Juliana.
- Julian Gil - Esteban, villain, lover of Morgana.
- Graciela Doring - Panchita.
- Andrés García Jr. - Santiago.
- Raul Olivo - Enrique.
- Bobby Larios - Hilario.
- Adrian Carvajal - Ricardo.
- Marianne Lovera - Elena, best friend of Mariana.
- Marisela Buitrago - Lisette.
- Carlos Augusto Maldonado - Martin.
- Julio Capote - Jeremias.
- Liannet Borrego - Veronica.
- Yami Quintero - Renata.
- Ernesto Molina - detective.