Amos N. Wilson
Amos N. Wilson (September 19,1941 – January 14, 1995) was an African-American author.
He was born in Hattiesburg, Mississippi in 1941. He held positions as a Social Caseworker, Psychological Counselor, Supervising Probation Officer, Training Administrator in the New York City Department of Juvenile Justice, and Assistant Professor of Psychology at the City University of New York.
He wrote several books including:
- The Developmental Psychology of the Black Child (NY: Africana Research Publications, 1978),
- The Falsification of Afrikan Consciousness: Eurocentric History, Psychiatry and the Politics of White Supremacy (NY: Afrikan World InfoSystems, 1993),
- Awakening the Natural Genius of Black Children (NY: Afrikan World InfoSystems, 1992),
- Black-on-Black Violence: The Psychodynamic of Black Self-Annihilation in Service of White Domination (NY: Afrikan World InfoSystems, 1990),
- Understanding Black Male Adolescent Violence: Its Prevention and Remediation (NY: Afrikan World InfoSystems, 1992), and
- Blueprint for Black Power: A Moral, Political and Economic Imperative for the Twenty-First Century (NY: Afrikan World InfoSystems, 1998).
1928 (Development Psychology of the black child)The book talks about dealing with the growth,development and the education of the African american children. The first book written by Dr.Amos Wilson 1990(black on black violence) This is Dr.Amos Wilson's book discussing the issue of blacks killing each other fighting the wrong enemy. 1992 (Awakening the Natural Genius of Black Children) Amos Wilson speaks about how African children are gifted. He writed about child rearing practices games and play materials. 1993(The Falsification of African Consciousness Eurocentric History, Phychiaty and the Politics of White Supremacy)In this book Dr.Wilson exposes European oppression of African peoples and falsification of Africans intelligence. 1998( Blueprint for Black Power)This is Dr. Amos Wilson's final book before his death. He writes solutions to the issues of Blacks in America. The solution to tyranny and oppression.He talks how to gain power and free yourself from oppression.