Amritsar Junction railway station
|Indian Railway Junction Station|
|Location||Putlighar Road, Amritsar, Punjab
|Elevation||233 metres (764 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Northern Railway|
|Tracks||9 (5 ft 6 in [1,676 mm] Indian gauge)|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
Location within Punjab
The railway station
Amritsar railway station is at an elevation of 233 metres (764 ft) and was assigned the code – ASR.
The Phagwara-Jallandhar City-Amritsar sector was electrified in 2003–04.
Amritsar is amongst the top hundred booking stations of Indian Railway.
Amritsar railway station has a tourist information centre, computerized reservation counters, waiting room, retiring room, vegetarian and non-vegetarian refreshment rooms, bookstall, General Railway Police post, and telephone booths.
Amritsar railway workshop carries out periodic overhaul of WDS-4 locos and breakdown cranes and bogie manufacture.
|S. No.||Train Name||Running Status||Departs at|
|1||Amritsar Saharsa Gaib Rath||W, Sa, Su||04:30|
|2||Amritsar New Delhi Shatabdi||Daily||05:00|
|3||Amritsar Chandigarh Inter City||Daily||05:00|
|4||Amritsar Nanded Sachkhand||Daily||05:35|
|5||Amritsar Sealdah Akal Takht||Tu, F||05:55|
|6||Amritsar Kolkata Durgianam||Th||05:55|
|7||Amritsar Kochuvelli Express||5:55|
|8||Amritsar Lalkuan AC Express||05:55|
|9||Amritsar New Delhi Inter City||Daily||06:15|
|10||Amritsar Saharsa Jan Sewa||Daily||06:35|
|11||Amritsar Haridwar Jan Shatabdi||Except Th||06:55|
|12||Amritsar Katihar Amrapali||Daily||07:15|
|13||Jammu Tawi Tata/Rourkela Express||Daily||08:20|
|14||Amritsar Bandra Paschim||Daily||08:10|
|15||Amritsar Lokmanya Tlak Terminus Express||Daily||08:30|
|16||Amritsar Pathankot Ravi||Daily||09:15|
|17||Pathankot Delhi Express||Except F||09:30|
|18||Amritsar Jalpaiguri Karmabhoomi||F||09:30|
|19||Amritsar Sealdah WB Sampark Kranti||Su||10:55|
|20||Jammu Tawi Durg Express||F||10:55|
|21||Amritsar Jaynagar Shaheed||Daily||11:55|
|22||Amritsar Tatanagar Jallianwalabagh||W, F||12:35|
|23||Amritsar Kanpur Express||TH||12:35|
|24||Amritsar Shahrsa Janasadharan||W||13:15|
|25||Amritsar Chandigarh Express||Daily||17:30|
|26||Amritsar Nanded Express||14:30|
|27||Amritsar Ajmer Express||Tu, Th||14:30|
|28||Amritsar New Delhi Shane-e-Punjab||Daily||15:10|
|29||Delhi Pathankot Express||Except Th||15:40|
|30||Amritsar Dibrugarh Express||F||15:50|
|31||Amritsar Bilaspur Chhattisgarh||Daily||16:15|
|32||Amritsar New Delhi Swarna Shatabdi||Daily||16:55|
|33||Amritsar Ajmer Express||F, Su||17:50|
|34||Amritsar Howrah Express||Daily||18:10|
|35||Amritsar Howrah Mail||Daily||18:45|
|36||Amritsar Darbhanga Jan Nayak||Daily||19:05|
|37||Rourkela/Tata Jammu Express||Daily||19:40|
|38||Amritsar Mumbai Golden Temple Mail||Daily||21:25|
|39||Amritsar Dehradun Express||Daily||22:15|
|40||Amritsar Inore Express||W, F||23:15|
|41||Amritsar Visakhapatnam Hirakud||W, Sa, Su||23:45|
|42||Bathinda Jammu Express||Daily||01:10|
|43||Jammu Bathinda Express||Daily||02:15|
- "Amritsar Junction". iniarailinfo.com. Archived from the original on 3 February 2014. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- R. P. Saxena. "Indian Railway History Timeline". Irse.bravehost.com. Archived from the original on 21 September 2013. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Sind, Punjab and Delhi Railway". fibis. Archived from the original on 1 February 2014. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Railway routes in Punjab". Punjab Data. Archived from the original on 21 February 2014. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "Chapter VII". Archived from the original on 10 April 2009. Retrieved 10 February 2014.
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA. Archived from the original on 19 October 2013. Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- "Indian Railways Passenger Reservation Enquiry". Availability in trains for Top 100 Booking Stations of Indian Railways. IRFCA. Archived from the original on 10 May 2014. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Amritsar Railway Station". makemytrip.com. Archived from the original on 15 September 2013. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Sheds and workshops". IRFCA. Archived from the original on 22 August 2006. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|Northern Railway zone|
|Terminus||Northern Railway zone
|Terminus||Northern Railway zone|