|Founded by||Amansen (Probably)|
|• Type||Panchayati raj|
|• Body||Gram Panchayat|
|• Total||2.25 km2 (0.87 sq mi)|
|Elevation||100 m (300 ft)|
|• Density||4,400/km2 (12,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Hindi, Urdu|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Amsin (Hindi: अमसिन, Urdu: امسن) also known as Amsin Bazar (Hindi: अमसिन बाज़ार, Urdu: امسن بازار) is a pargana and gram panchayat in Goshainganj constituency of Faizabad district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. Amsin is one of the oldest market and largest gram panchayat in Faizabad district of Uttar Pradesh.
Amsin was a former revenue unit and administrative unit of the Muslim kingdoms and British Raj. Amsin consisted of several mouzas, which were the smallest revenue units. Parganas are equivalent to present day districts system. A very large area up to Faizabad was under the administration of Amsin Pargana.
Uttar Pradesh Assembly Election 1957
Constituency = Amsin (288), Date of poling = 25-02-1957, Total electors = 80664, Vote polled = 35980, Turn out = 44.6% 
|Har Govind Shrivastva||CPI||15.9%|
|Gur Prasad Singh||IND||13.8%|
|Anant Bapuji Mande||PSP||7.1%|
Amsin is located at  It has an average elevation of 315 ft..
Amsin is situated on the way to Akbarpur road and is well connected to other cities, towns and markets viz. • Goshainganj • Faizabad • Akbarpur • Bandanpur • Tanda • Mehbubganj • Katehri • Maya Bazar • Iltifatganj • Mijhaura etc.
Goshainganj Railway Station is the nearest railway station which is 5 km away. Faizabad Railway Station is situated about 35 km (22 mi) while Akbarpur Railway Station is 15 km (9.3 mi) away from Amsin.
Localities (मोहल्ला/टोला) of Amsin
Amsin has a village attached to it known as Amsin Khurd (Chhoti Amsin) other villages namely Gosain ka Pura and Parmanpur is also attached to it though not included in Amsin gram sabha. Apart from that Amsin Proper has following sublocalties.
• Shaikh Tola (Shaikhana/Shaikh Mohalla) • Baniya Tola (Baniyauta) • Sonar Tola (sonrauti) • Dafali Tola (pronounced as Dafattola) • Shia Tola • Fakir Tola (pronounced as Fakittola) • Chamar Tola (Chamrauti) • Koiry Tola (koirana) • Nau Tola • Kurmi Tola • Lohar Tola etc.
Neighbouring villages of Amsin
Several villages are situated at the outskirt of Amsin Bazar some of them are of Amsin gram sabha and a few are not. The villages surrounding Amsin proper are named below.
- Dahalawa (दहलवा) * Sarkhelwa (सरखेलवा) * Bharthua (भरथुवा) * Lakchawa (लकचवा) * Truksarai (त्रुकसराय) * Jamdara (जमदरा) * Zafarpur (दफ्फरपुर) * Parmanpur (परमानपुर) * Bodhipur (बोधीपुर) * Tiwaripur (तिवारीपुर) * Trilokpur (त्रिलोकपुर) * Virshahpur (वीरशाहपुर) etc.
Places of interest around Amsin
As of 2001[update] India census, Amsin nagar panchayat had a population near about 10000. Males constitute about ~58% of the population and females about ~42%. Amsin has an average literacy rate of ~54%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 72%, and female literacy is 52%.
Culture and religion
Almost the entire population of Amsin belongs to Hindu, Muslim and Buddhist communities. Festivals are celebrated with enthusiast by both Muslims and Hindus. Main festivals celebrated here are Eid and Muharram among Muslims.Diwali, Holi, Dassehra etc. among Hindus. A large section of Dalits in Amsin follow Buddhism as their practiceable religion.
There is only one bank at Amsin Bazzar named Faizabad Gramin Bank operated by Bank of Baroda under Government scheme. The bank recently has started core and internet banking. The timing is from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm daily except Sunday. 
Schools at Amsin
- Old primary School Amsin Bazar. This primary school at Amsin Bazaar is the one of the oldest school in Faizabad District it was commissioned during British Raj.
- Urdu And Arabic Education Centre Shaikhtola Amsin
- New primary School Amsin Bazar
- Junior high school Amsin
- Imamia Public School Amsin
- Sarkhelwa High School Amsin
- Devki Nandan Rang Narayan Sarkhelwa Amsin
- Jhinka devi degree college Amsin
- Mdarsa TALIM-UL-QURAAN saikhana Amsin
Iftar dish in Ramadan
- Goshainganj Railway Station
- Faizabad Railway Station
- Akbarpur Railway Station
- Faizabad Airport
- Akbarpur Airport
- "Uttar Pradesh Assembly Election 1957". Empowering India, making democracy meaningful.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Amsin
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.