||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (May 2014)|
|Industry||Mobile device management, Telecom expense management, Secure messaging|
|Headquarters||Santa Clara, California
|Key people||Pankaj Gupta (Founder and CEO), Richa Gupta (Co-founder and VP, engineering development)|
|Products||Mobile device security management (MDM), Telecom expense management (TEM), Secure communicator|
Amtel, Inc. is an American telecommunications management company based in Santa Clara, California providing cloud based mobile device management, expense management and secure communicator solutions. It was founded in 2003 by Pankaj Gupta and Richa Gupta. The company’s primary focus is on providing integrated mobile device management (MDM) and telecom expense management (TEM) and [Secure messaging] platforms for businesses. Amtel’s SaaS-based integrated system for managing smart mobile devices and telecom expenses allows organizations to manage mobile devices and fixed telecom services from one platform. In 2011, the company was awarded Internet Telephony Magazine’s Internet Telephony TEM Excellence Award for the third straight year. In 2008, the company received a Product of the Year Award from Customer Interaction Solutions Magazine.
Amtel was founded in 2003 by Pankaj Gupta and Richa Gupta with the aim of addressing challenges organizations face in managing mobile devices and telecommunications expenses. The company developed and marketed an integrated software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution for telecom and mobile life cycle management.
The company’s Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution for iOS (iPhone, iPad), Android (Smartphones, Tablets), Blackberry & Windows devices was launched in 2010. With this program, Amtel combined mobile device security management with mobile apps management into a telecom information management system (TIMS) platform.
In 2014, it further launched a secure mobile communicator to fulfill the needs of enterprises to secure mobile communications for field services.
The three components of the system - [mobile device management], mobile telecom expense management, and [secure communicator] - could be set up separately or combined together in a cloud based platform.
- Internet Telephony TEM Excellence Award – Internet Telephony Magazine (2011, 2010, 2009)
- Product of the Year Award - Customer Interaction Solutions Magazine (2008)
- Best Mobile Operations Management Solutions, finalist – SIIA CODiE Awards (2012)
- Amtel Wins Prestigious SIIA CODiE Award (2013)
- Forrester cites Amtel as Strong Player in Global BYOD 2014 Wave Report
- Bill Shock Coming to New iPad Owners – Byte Magazine
- The New iPad Could Create High-Speed Headaches for CIOs – Wall Street Journal
- Amtel's SaaS Assists Businesses Using New iPads to Stay Within Budget – TMCNet.com
- Amtel Breaks Out Biz, Personal Calls – InformationWeek
- 2011 Internet Telephony TEM Excellence Awards Winners Announced – TMCNet.com
- 2008 Product of the Year Award Winners Announced by Customer Interaction Solutions Magazine – TechZone360.com
- Free Service Offers Basic Enterprise Mobile Management – Computerworld Magazine
- Internet Telephony, TMC Announce TEM Excellence Award Winners – Internet Telephony Magazine
- Internet Telephony Announces TEM Award Winners – Internet Telephony Magazine
- Best Mobile Operations Management Solution Finalists – 2012 SIIA CODiE Awards